The Police State Isn't Close - IT IS HERE!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jun 6, 2013.

1. piezoe

piezoe

When enough people become outraged a few brave souls defy the government, when others see this they join in. This is how these uprisings begin.

This is going to be different than the protests that ended the Vietnam war. It will start on the internet. For example, college age users of face book, i.e., the judgement proof, will use a common symbol of protest and put it on their face book site. Others will see this and do likewise. Then the symbol will start appearing on Web pages everywhere. This is how these movements get started. The idea of the government spying on its citizens crosses political boundaries and unifies nearly everyone in solidarity against it. We would rather accept the small risk of being caught up in a terrorist attack than have the government intrude into our personal space.

There is already a non-profit that is fighting this sort of thing. It is BORDC. www.bordc.org/‎ send them $10 bucks.

It is nearly impossible to fight this kind of thing successfully through government channels, such as writing your Congressman -- though that can't hurt.

#31     Jun 7, 2013
  2. 2 and 4 for sure!

#32     Jun 7, 2013
  3. piezoe

piezoe

2 and 4, though they would solve serious defects in government, are impossible reforms under the current system. In theory amending the Constitution could do it; in practice it would take a revolution. And these are not the kind of issues that people are willing to die for.

Government spying on its citizens is a somewhat different matter, however. That's the kind of issue that has the potential to lead to revolution. It is a long way off however. The Soviet Union lasted 74 years. The U.S. could have another 74 to go.

The problem with revolutions is that there is no guarantee that the replacement government will be any better than the one got rid of. It could be worse!

The next step will be corporate control, censoring and filtering of content on the internet. The corporations will cooperate with the government in this endeavor. That's only a few years off at the most! I doubt that would be an issue people are willing to die for. And when it starts it will be insidious, and creep in in baby steps.

#33     Jun 7, 2013
  4. LEAPup

LEAPup

How do we rid America of an out of control government that's gone full tyrant without sparking a revolution?

And as far as the recent nightmares from the IRS, I'd love to see some disobedience in the form of stopping paying, from the 51% who pay taxes. What are they gonna do, throw all of us in their FEMA camps for it? I don't think so.

#34     Jun 7, 2013
  5. I'm in with you man. You stop paying and if it looks like it's working out for you I'll jump in with you in a few years.:p

#35     Jun 7, 2013
  6. piezoe

piezoe

Yah. Right on! Go for it!

#36     Jun 7, 2013
  7. pspr

pspr

First you advocate civil disobedience then you mock it?

You are the yin and the yang all by yourself.

#37     Jun 7, 2013
  8. zdreg

zdreg

is that a polite way of saying somebody is full of s...?

#38     Jun 7, 2013
  9. achilles28

achilles28

US Army manuals were leaked this year that detail the operation of internment and reeducation camps in America. I shit you not. I posted them already, but like usual, nobody can bring themselves to face the truth, because its too fucking scary. Yes, they are planning to put us in camps, and reeducate us.

#39     Jun 7, 2013
  10. BSAM

BSAM

Fortunately for the government, they will only have to go to the expense for a little less than half of us.
    Apparently, the majority are already braindead.
    Afterall, Obama won two elections.
    I stand proudly with the "ignorant" among us.

#40     Jun 7, 2013