The Pinch Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by .sigma, Dec 1, 2019.

1. .sigma

.sigma

$RAIL - FrieghtCar America Inc.

There was an initial pop on Nov 21 but price quickly retracted. We are at the exact same level RAIL was at the last time it popped. I got in last week @ $1.98 risk.

Notice how the pinch is setting up on the weekly as well which confirms the play even more-so.

(WEEKLY)
    RAIL weekly.PNG

(DAILY)
    RAIL daily.PNG

#21     Dec 2, 2019
  2. .sigma

.sigma

I want this journal to evolve into a technical quantitative thread. Using charts with numerics and discovering price across time.

I'm currently focused on the phenomena known as the "selling climax", or "short queeze" which occurs to a stock when the underlying (usually, but not always) gaps down big and then either continues to fall lower in the following days, then all of sudden, at a particular price level, spot POPS UP and keeps going until price is oscillating back in the price range where the original selling climax occurred. I've seen this 666 thousand times, this is a reoccurring phenomena in the markets. It happens especially to weak companies that are struggling and their stock price is displaying the current problems and tanking like a stealth bomber.

I want all of your opinions on your thoughts of this market phenomena called the short squeeze.. some even call it a dead cat bounce.

What is the enabler? There has to be some causality attached to this price action, this binary move that facilitates price at such a high pace it is now a new discovery area for price to oscillate geometrically around.

Short squeezes that gap up are very different than the ones that gap down. Think about it, if a stock gaps up, short sellers are fxcked and start covering their losses thus pushing price higher.

On the other spectrum spot gaps down and buyers are fxcked and close out while short sellers take profits as the stock drifts downward thus popping price back up to the initial binary volume-price level.

continued...

#22     Dec 2, 2019
  3. .sigma

.sigma

"Fear is sharp-sighted, and can see things underground, and much more in the skies."

#23     Dec 2, 2019
  4. .sigma

.sigma

I'll be posting tickers randomly, these will always be stocks on my radar or positions I'm currently in or about to be in.

I'm not going to post a chart for every chart, only one's I deem necessary.

$INAP
    $ENLC
    $ETRN - setting up nicely on weekly chart moreso than the daily..

theres more I'm just too tired rn

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    #24     Dec 2, 2019
  5. qlai

qlai

Meaning you have position sized it to go to zero?

#25     Dec 2, 2019
    .sigma likes this.
  6. .sigma

.sigma

In theory, yes..

#26     Dec 2, 2019
    qlai likes this.
  7. .sigma

.sigma

Percentage Price Oscillator (PPO): {(12-day EMA - 26-day EMA)/26-day EMA} x 100

#27     Dec 2, 2019
  8. .sigma

.sigma

ADX Line Calculation
    Directional movement is calculated by comparing the difference between two consecutive lows with the difference between their respective highs.

Directional movement is positive (plus) when the current high minus the prior high is greater than the prior low minus the current low. This so-called Plus Directional Movement (+DM) then equals the current high minus the prior high, provided it is positive. A negative value would simply be entered as zero.

Directional movement is negative (minus) when the prior low minus the current low is greater than the current high minus the prior high. This so-called Minus Directional Movement (-DM) equals the prior low minus the current low, provided it is positive. A negative value would simply be entered as zero.

#28     Dec 2, 2019
  9. .sigma

.sigma

I'm also going to discuss the worth of oscillators and breadth/tick analysis.

#29     Dec 2, 2019
    beginner66 likes this.
  10. .sigma

.sigma

"1. Introduction

As for what we can say about the things which are exalted, what is fitting is that we begin with the Father, who is the root of the Totality, the one from whom we have received grace to speak about him.

2. The Father

He existed before anything other than himself came into being. The Father is a single one, like a number, for he is the first one and the one who is only himself. Yet he is not like a solitary individual. Otherwise, how could he be a father? For whenever there is a "father," the name "son" follows. But the single one, who alone is the Father, is like a root, with tree, branches and fruit. It is said of him that he is a father in the proper sense, since he is inimitable and immutable. Because of this, he is single in the proper sense, and is a god, because no one is a god for him nor is anyone a father to him. For he is unbegotten, and there is no other who begot him, nor another who created him. For whoever is someone's father or his creator, he, too, has a father and creator. It is certainly possible for him to be father and creator of the one who came into being from him and the one whom he created, for he is not a father in the proper sense, nor a god, because he has someone who begot him and who created him. It is, then, only the Father and God in the proper sense that no one else begot. As for the Totalities, he is the one who begot them and created them. He is without beginning and without end" #TripartiteTractate

#30     Dec 2, 2019
    beginner66 likes this.