The pilfering of American taxpayers?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by risk1, Sep 21, 2008.

Would you ask your congressman to vote for or against the deal?

1. For

7 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Against

49 vote(s)
    87.5%
  1. risk1

risk1

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/09/20/no-deal/

Paul Krugman:
    "And there’s no quid pro quo here — nothing that gives taxpayers a stake in the upside, nothing that ensures that the money is used to stabilize the system rather than reward the undeserving.

I hope I’m wrong about this. But let me say it again: Treasury needs to explain why this is supposed to work — not try to panic Congress into giving it a blank check. Otherwise, no deal."

2. I didn't make this up:

Sec. 8. Review.

Decisions by the Secretary pursuant to the authority of this Act are non-reviewable and committed to agency discretion, and may not be reviewed by any court of law or any administrative agency.

3. risk1

risk1

Paul Krugman:
    "This will only work if the prices Treasury pays are much higher than current market prices; that, in turn, can only be true either if this is mainly a liquidity problem — which seems doubtful — or if Treasury is going to be paying a huge premium, in effect throwing taxpayers’ money at the financial world."

Could this be Paulson's idea of recapitalization - free money for Wall Street?

4. Wow.. they can issue pardons too. Selectively enforce rules and seize funds. Judge, Jury and executioner.

Hell they can amend the constitution at will. No Checks or Balances.

5. The final goodbyes and "thank yous" from the Bush Government - or at least the Neoconservative sphere:

*destabilized Georgia
    *attacks in Pakistan
    *a few trillion USD to be "redistributed" for the next decades

Thank you, Bush and Neoconservative greedy bastards.
    Hope you all get impeached - of course will never happen; it would be a public relations "disaster" to show honesty, integrity and holding someone "accountable" --- like the "No Child Behind" system. The "elite" is never accountable ... because they never "did" anything... or at least - try to prove differently - in court for the next decades. After all, it was "the will of the American people" to support their politics.

Nice democracy...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacking_Democracy

Oh, and there is no privacy for citizens anymore, countless constitutional violations, no regard for international law anymore ... we could go on all night.

6. dinoman

dinoman

I called and ripped my local Congressman on this bail out.

7. I particularly like the gall of the bankers in fighting against limiting bonuses to the numb skulls in charge of these banks

I also like how they're trying to push this piece of idiotic legislation through using fear and intimidation.

How "Rovian" . If things don't pan out, the democrats shoulder the blame. Heck the democrats in congress get to shoulder the blame either way.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122186674316558873.html

WASHINGTON -- Titans of the financial industry are battling to influence the government's financial rescue plan, a package that will create new winners and losers in the sector.

Democrats in Congress want a rescue package that benefits homeowners at risk for foreclosure, not just Wall Street. Securities houses don't want executive salary limits for banks that participate in the rescue.

Credit unions want any mechanism that is created to buy up bad loans and investments to apply not only to banks but to them also. Banks are fighting Treasury plans to provide federal guarantees for money market mutual funds.

While the conservative elite are busy enriching themselves, the average retarded right-wingnut imbecile is busy trying to legislate a womans vagina.

If these imbeciles get to legislate womens vaginas, they could care less if the world ends tomorrow.

8. arealpissedgoy ....

you mean neoconservative elitists, don't you?
    They absolutely HATE cultural divergence - see Irving Kristol married to a famous cultural conservative - and then see the remarks that Irving Kristol and William Kristol among other make on "divergent non-traditional families" and other counter-cultures.

Irving Kristol is the founder of Neoconservatism. His son, William Kristol founded PNAC - and most of the Bush Administration and other "elitists" signed on to the PNAC founding principles ...

http://www.newamericancentury.org/aboutpnac.htm
    http://www.newamericancentury.org/statementofprinciples.htm

Our aim is to remind Americans of these lessons and to draw their consequences for today. Here are four consequences:

• we need to increase defense spending significantly if we are to carry out our global responsibilities today and modernize our armed forces for the future;

• we need to strengthen our ties to democratic allies and to challenge regimes hostile to our interests and values;

• we need to promote the cause of political and economic "freedom" abroad;

• we need to accept responsibility for America's unique role in preserving and extending an international order friendly to our security, our prosperity, and our principles.

Such a Reaganite policy of military strength and moral clarity may not be fashionable today. But it is necessary if the United States is to build on the successes of this past century and to ensure our security and our greatness in the next.

Elliott Abrams Gary Bauer William J. Bennett Jeb Bush

Dick Cheney Eliot A. Cohen Midge Decter Paula Dobriansky Steve Forbes

Aaron Friedberg Francis Fukuyama Frank Gaffney Fred C. Ikle

Donald Kagan Zalmay Khalilzad I. Lewis Libby Norman Podhoretz

Dan Quayle Peter W. Rodman Stephen P. Rosen Henry S. Rowen

Donald Rumsfeld Vin Weber George Weigel Paul Wolfowitz

I hope you can see the red thread in the political decisions and actions as well, and I don't have to spell it out ... like above.

and later others joined in
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projec...utors_to_other_significant_letters_or_reports

E.g Richard L. Armitage , Robert Kagan , Richard Perle , John Lehman ...

See also www.anglospherechallenge.com
    And http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Geographical_Pivot_of_History
    (about the Heartland and resources of the world - controlling the world, including the US)

It is certainly about families, corporations and networks of friends exerting their corrupt ideologies and elitist rule on the markets and the world ... make no mistake about that, and democracies around the world - including in the Unites States paid the cost. Now we have antiamericanism, antieuropeanism, antisemitism and terrorism higly rising as a result. Nice going...

9. Cutten

Cutten

The Bush administration has gone from tragedy to farce. This is beyond satire, Borat has nothing on this.

10. mokwit

mokwit

Whilst I recognise that to give someone autonomy and authority may be necessary in the immediate crisis period, he is virtually demanding to be made the 'Absolute Ruler'* without an election.

Plan to obtain complete financial control, hmmm, do e know any groups who plan to take omplete control?

*as opposed to constitutionally elected and almost answerable to the people President.

#10     Sep 21, 2008