The Phallusy of the Hershey PV Relation

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by Joe Doaks, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oh, sorry Conparis, how can anyone take SCT seriously? But if you study SCT like I did for over eight years you will be able to duplicate those results. As Jack says: "Do the work!"

#21     Feb 7, 2009
  2. I dropped out of SCT after about 6 months. But let's be honest here. You say you tested a fundamental part of SCT and you show the results. But you don't describe anything about your test.

If this is a serious thread trying to prove or disprove a part of SCT then I'm interested. But we need more details.

I usually avoid SCT discussions, but the fact that you appear to have done some tests is interesting to me. But not knowing what constitutes the tests keeps it from being useful. Your tests could have been based on random entry for all I know.

#22     Feb 7, 2009
  3. Sorry, you apparently have never read my stuff before. I post only my failed system developments and keep the good stuff to myself, as does any other trader with half a brain. I took the alleged four-quadrant PV relation exactly as presented in the Hershey canon, and applied it bar-by-bar. You can do it yourself as an exercise, but I won't post the pseudocode. Bottom line is that sometimes it works, sometime it doesn't, just like every other lame-ass idea Jack posits. So the next time you see one of my posts, pass it by as low humor. I have a modest following here that appreciates vaudeville. It's not for everyone. But here's a hint: if you consider how the PV Relation FAILS, you can find things that WORK. That is why I keep reading Jack. He's right when he's wrong, haha!

#23     Feb 7, 2009
  4. How did the light dawn on you?

#24     Feb 7, 2009
  5. When I realized that flaws & ftt could only be determined in hindsight.

I did learn a lot from the SCT phase and I can say it does help me with what I do now. I just use other tools.

#25     Feb 7, 2009
  6. I'm a programmer as well and what I don't get is that you can have a few bars that are 'off' but still have the gaussians. I haven't tried programming it though.

Ok I understand now that your threads are more about humor. I don't really have time for that but I wish you well with it and your following.

#26     Feb 7, 2009

7. Cunparis,

At what level are you programming? What systems are you staying on top of?

What area of the market do you deal with, and which markets?

Dackster.

#27     Feb 7, 2009
  8. I'm a software development professional (Enterprise Architect). I've developed with Java for 9 years now. I develop my strategies with Ninjatrader in C#. I'm pretty new to automated trading, I strated trading my first system live in December. I now autotrade several systems and I have a stock system that I do by hand cause I haven't automated it yet. For the automated systems I trade ES & CL but I'm hoping to apply my strategy to other markets once I build up more capital.

For discretionary trading I trade gold, euro, oil, & ES.

#28     Feb 7, 2009

9. System since Dec 08? Are you taking the flucking piss? So you're a newbie programmer.

Dackster.

#29     Feb 7, 2009
  10. nkhoi

nkhoi

good for you!:D :D :D

#30     Apr 19, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.