The Perfect Prop Firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Maverick74, Jan 20, 2012.

1. And just when I was about to tell you guys that there is an urban legend that duels are still legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered as blood donors.

Before anyone tells me I am insane I will admit that I have never been to Paraguay and remind everyone that it may be just an urban legend. There are scores of entries on Google swearing it is true but hey if you are over 11 and believe the net then you are insane.

#41     Jan 21, 2012
  2. us independent traders are all alone. We don't have an office full of guys to bullshit with all day long and go out drinking with after the market closes like you prop guys do, so we just post on the internet to get our comraderie.

It's a lonely life. Not many can do it.

But thanks for asking, the Euro is going to chop

For that matter, 85% of everything is going to chop.

That's based on nothing more than the observation that most of the time everything just chops.

Unlike in the hayday of prop firms when we were in a bull market and any idiot could buy a stock and it went up and we all made money.

What comes after salad days? Soup? When they start serving nuts it's time to get out.

#42     Jan 21, 2012
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

OK. Good luck with that. LOL.

#43     Jan 21, 2012
  4. WS_MJH

WS_MJH

You're starting to answer your original question. Leverage is the main deal with prop.

If you're saying you'll have an ever better datafeed, execution than the firms that use tt or cqg (not sure if there's a big difference anymore), that's going to cost you a lot of money to develop such a system. If you're truly interested then in speed of execution and sophisticated strategies, why not just go algo?

#44     Jan 21, 2012
  5. I agree, leverage is the main selling point of a prop shop. Technology and cheap commissions you can get on your own.

#45     Jan 21, 2012
  6. hitnrun

hitnrun

hey mav

your interested in getting feedback on the ideal firm for prop traders in stocks right?

Your main focus has been always talking about prop firms for futures & how good that is . seemed like you trading stocks was not your bag. your the futures & options trader

Why the sudden interest in equity prop firms?

#46     Jan 21, 2012
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

I never specified stocks or futures. I would assume all three, stocks, futures and options. Why limit yourself to one product? For the record, I have no sudden interest in equity firms, LOL.

#47     Jan 21, 2012
  8. hitnrun

hitnrun

your known for being the futures guru around here
    just suprised your talking about stocks . when you say prop most assume stocks

the more instuments to trade the better for everyone

Number one perk is to Not to have to be licensed to get leverage

a structure where a trader can get the tools to focus on trading without all the regulatory nonsense

for pro's

fair commissions with a split deal
    a risk deposit up . skin in the game
    1 time per week payout
    flexibility to trade as one chooses with managing risk accordingly

Maybe you want to start your own trading firm . a possibility right?

#48     Jan 21, 2012
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

I've probably traded over 200 million shares of stock in my life and I've been trading options for 15 years. I have actually traded very little futures. So not sure I'm the guru of futures. LOL.

#49     Jan 21, 2012
  10. hitnrun

hitnrun

most know you traded stocks years back at worldco

you talk about futures all the time. your a options trader

guru of knowing all the futures prop firms in chicago not a futures trader ok then

most would think you can care less about stocks or equity prop firms in general from all your posts

a new year maybe another door opens right ?

#50     Jan 21, 2012