The Perfect Prop Firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Maverick74, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Are you planning on starting a prop firm to put other "prop" firms to shame?

#11     Jan 21, 2012
  2. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

I traded my own money for a long time. So the situation I would look for would be for the firm to pass on their costs to me, their capital and a split between 35% and 50% depending on the level of assets I would have allocated to me.

As for a draw, I would rather have a higher split, and little or no salary. The JBO deposit set up and deals don't work for me. However, I can see it as a good way to start and build a track record if I did not have the assets to trade on my own.

#12     Jan 21, 2012
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

I'm simply starting a dialogue here. I have some stuff I am working on. I just want to see if there is a consensus on what a good prop firm is. I know what I think the answer is, but I'll chime in last.

#13     Jan 21, 2012
  4. What exactly do you mean when you saying filtering out people?

What kind of filter do you have in mind?

I find that finding a prop firm that has the same background and personality and vision as I almost impossible.

#14     Jan 21, 2012
  5. hey dude. I've seen so many posts of yours pumping that shop.. dont you get tired.

Why not conduct your business with a little more ethics and work on really improving your business instead of pumping your firm on a web board. come on.

Final piece of advise; if you really want to promote your shop just open a thread and do that.. instead of trolling onto every thread with the same sh**. I've got nothing against you promoting a particular shop whether or not you have affiliations with it; but just going and spoiling every thread you run across is bad manners.

-gariki

#15     Jan 21, 2012
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

So you want me to fund your losses, and let you trade at firm costs and then we would cross our fingers and hoped you had a quantifiable edge? And if you go into me for 50k, how do I get that back? Bob, your idea is exactly why the prop community in Chicago has been cut by 80%.

#16     Jan 21, 2012
  7. You brought up a very important point. Risk managers should tell their traders exactly how much risk can be taken and how much loss is acceptable. I mean EXACTLY. This way the trader can trade without mysteries and with more confidence and maximize risk capital.

Location is important. There is no way I am going to travel to a combat zone to trade. There are combat zones in NYC.

Also, platforms and equipment are important. You cannot risk millions of dollars on second rate systems that will fail on you.

#17     Jan 21, 2012
  8. Yeah, what's the point of this thread. I probably have better odds of winning a chunk of change in Powerball than finding the dream prop firm. You are such a tease.

#18     Jan 21, 2012
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

No, but I think we can find a model that has "value". The way you find value is the same way value is found in an open auction market place where people come together and shout bids and offers. Eventually you find a price where a transaction takes place and value is discovered. All I am doing is building the pit and putting trading jackets on you guys and letting you scream out bids and offers. I'm curious to see where the trade gets transacted.

#19     Jan 21, 2012
  10. MBC

MBC

Agree, reasonable location, reasonable choices of software and connection ( all those are cheap enough these days) just pointing out that most "prop's" have pie in the sky dream of let you lose 5k or 400.00 a day yet want you to make hundreds of thousands a year, not possible long term...

If you can manage risk in the 400.00 a day and not lose 2k and make 4k, well then just scale up and put 000.000 on the end of the numbers and you have a business. Assuming your activity/strategies are liquid enough.

#20     Jan 21, 2012