The Perfect Edge

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by ElectricSavant, Feb 18, 2006.

1. I'm trading EUR/JPY... how is that pair when it comes to interest?

I bet it has. How else has it changed?

#31     Feb 28, 2006
  2. EUR/JPY ranks 24th in the 33 pair that are offered at my marketmaker in 1000 day Range and is paying 86.84% at 50:1 leverage if you go long in it which is 11th.

I have observed recently it has increased in its APR yield (I keep a spreadsheet of this).

Michael B.

#32     Feb 28, 2006
  3. My outlook on scaling in and out of trades has dramatically changed as I have learned that there is a small income to be made in the carry too!

Even though a small percent of my profits come from interest earned ....100% of my fear has been removed. I respect and do not fear exposure now.

I have learned that small daily gains that are consistent add up to a respectable yearly yield...

Stategical and a methodical way of mapping out your positions in the Global Currency picture is truly fascinating. You do not need to be perfect and there is much room to tolerate mistakes. I find Forex to be a longer term game....I would say that the Currencies trade as one instrument and many adjustments can be made to your basket allowing an exposure that can be dynamically adjusted to the changing global correlations...

Michael B.

#33     Feb 28, 2006
  4. I'd even go as far as to say that this is the mantra that all beginners should recite when they start trading...

Post this one up right alongside the Mark Douglas quotes...
    :cool:

#34     Feb 28, 2006
  5. "Trading in the Zone" and "The Disciplined Trader" should be on every new traders bookshelf...

Michael B.

P.S. Those of you that know me also know that I have a soft spot for Reminiscence of a Stock Operator. The late Jesse Livermore shared his heart with me through his book, and I read it often.

P.P.S. These traders and their quotes, are in an area that I am not worthy to share.

#35     Feb 28, 2006
  6. I didn't purchase his first book, TDT... is it worth the read if you've already read the Zone?

#36     Feb 28, 2006
  7. I actually enjoy the classics more....but thats just me...I read reviews of books that are negative...I usually try and buy those...call me a contrarian :)

If you can try and understand the author and the setting... it helps.

Trading with the streetwise traders trained in the battlefield of the ticker, is truly a treat to be savoured.

Jesse if you can hear me....Thank you...

As far as Mr Douglas, your wisdom that you share is as a diamond in the rough formed by the heat and the pressure that life offers you...

Michael B.

#37     Feb 28, 2006
  8. Update:

As we speak the portfolio has reached another intraday NAV high ($108,791.08) after 100 days of trading.

I am fully exposed and have put eight pair on, and should see a few targets hit. (I hope I am not overdoing it, too fast!) Gradual small adjustments is where it is at. Measure the change and adjust accordingly.

Current leverage is at 4.75:1 (its highest) and the system is at an even 2.00% DD with a -$2,224.72 UPL.

The ratio of drawdown verses Leverage is near its best level yet...there is a rank I assign and it is at 238 and the best is 259....(Higher number is better)

Michael B.

#38     Feb 28, 2006
  9. BTW... sorry for hijacking your thread... :)

#39     Feb 28, 2006
  10. This is a discussion in the strategy trading section of ET in which I thank the moderator for. You are most welcome here...The topic discussed here is for system traders to open up to the possibility of using there talents in an application of discretionary choices.

My journey is new to me, and there are many traders here that may share what they can. I need all the help and encouragement that I can get.

If I do not balance these pairs correctly, things can go terribly wrong....Did you know that the Pro's are glued to their Bloomies and live and die on the fundamentals? Currency Trading is a geopolitical world event!

Oil and the USD/CAD.....Gold and the AUD/USD...Japan and their exports (and recently their interbank interest rate rumors)...

Michael B.

P.S. This has nothing to do with anything.... but parts of Southern California are getting an inch an hour of rain as we speak!

#40     Feb 28, 2006