The percentage changes during this crash since the top have been larger than 1987's and even 1929's

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Error Correction Funder, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. kj5159

kj5159

The longs have to get scared out/margin called out big time, I don't see that happening here unless there is some kind of shock event. Rates aren't going to do it, likely will cause some choppy volatility or even a down move but I don't think it'd cause an all out crash.

murray t turtle likes this.
  3. %%
    1929- 30's is more likely, if they keep on with stupid Smoot-Hawley, but those were on much more than China . But both 1929+ 1987 started around SEPT:D; and the GE bears sell/ front run Sept.LOL NOT a prediction.....

4. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Is this your thesis????

My gawd. Whatever you're smoking, lay off of it for a bit.

Seriously.

athlonmank8 likes this.
  5. It took almost a year before everything went to complete crap in 2007 after the initial warning signs. You're going to burn up a lot of time and possibly capital trying to go after it.

What's the catalyst even going to be?

6. RE: "The percentage changes during this crash since the top have been larger than 1987's and even 1929's"

Can be explained in two words: Increased Volatility

7. comagnum

comagnum

The 2000 NDX100 (QQQ/NQ) post market top had moves about 3 times as large as what we have now with 5%-10% up & down days routine in the weeks & months thereafter with some days ranging over 18%.

On our current market the Dow was the leadership, than it was the NDX - a real bad sign to not have all the indexes participating - this shows a narrowing of leadership. The larger volatility implies distribution has already happened & is what a market looks like when the big operators are no longer in control of the price, the weaker hands are now in charge.

upload_2018-3-26_13-11-14.png

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    IndyJonerJr, kj5159 and southall like this.
  8. Speaking of the Nasdaq, it peaked after the initial decline during both '87 and now unlike the general market.

That is a characteristic of this kind of crash.

9. come on baby! so I can collect that extreme premium

10. we should have a legal pool where people bet when the next crash is..

count me 5k on October this year... gotta try right

#10     Mar 26, 2018