The Pentagon Wants Authority to Post Almost 400,000 Military Personnel in U.S.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by achilles28, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Non responsive, obviously...

#31     Nov 4, 2009
  2. Ricter

Ricter

It could go the way of Nazi Germany and "Hitler's willing executioners". If you can successfully demonize the opposition then people have a lot less reservation about killing them. Of course we also have the behavioral tendencies revealed by such as the Stanford prison experiment. Finally, if you can kill remotely, something our military continues to improve, then the killing is also much easier.

I think we're somewhat susceptible to fascism, maybe very much so given the prevalence of (idle) religious belief in the US, and you can see it right here on ETP&R. We have a number of "true believers", who seem to think that having this party in power will surely damn us but having that party in power will save us and establish Heaven on Earth.

#32     Nov 4, 2009
  3. I hear Larry Summers is not if favor of extending unemployment benefits. That should have more than a few families out on the street if that unfolds. I hear that Leonard Cohen song as our new national anthem.

Recall about 20 years ago when it was tossed around that unskilled labor was going to go wanting for employment and
    we would increasingly become an information society. Everyone with 10K dollars is going to try their hand at daytrading ...sign up for classes.

#33     Nov 4, 2009