The Pentagon Wants Authority to Post Almost 400,000 Military Personnel in U.S.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by achilles28, Nov 3, 2009.

1. no I am denigrating you, asshole.

#11     Nov 3, 2009
  2. Sorry son, but you lack the mental development to genuinely denigrate anyone but yourself...

#12     Nov 3, 2009
  3. I don't have time for your stupidity today, go find someone else to contend with, screwball.

#13     Nov 3, 2009
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Whether you agree or not many including some in the military consider Obama and our bloated, intrusive, run away federal government to be the internal threat.

That's going to be a real dilemma for military personnel some day. Uphold their oath, or fire on their own friends and families.

No way to know for sure but I think it would play out much as it did in the USSR. Most soldiers refused to fire on their own civilians.

#14     Nov 3, 2009
  5. ...tail between his legs.

LOL!!!

#15     Nov 3, 2009
  6. The military is trained not to think, they are trained to follow orders...

If they want to quit the military and go into politics to try and influence change, good for them...

Your suggesting that the military act on their opinions and not direct orders and duty to follow the directive of the commander and chief is what is wrong with the right wing crazies...

Your comparison to the USSR is lunacy, simply because they had no system of government like we do, which allows the people to vote in whom they like...

If you dipshits would put energy into our system of government instead of acting like spoiled children who didn't get a pony...then perhaps you might actually get something accomplished.

#16     Nov 3, 2009
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Like liberal democraps?

I'm suggesting at least some if not most in the military will have a hard time deciding which way to go in that scenario, and for good reason.

weak even for you.

While USSR's government was certainly different than ours, in this case it's largely irrelevant. Military personnel have friends and families.
    Oath or no oath, orders or no orders firing on their own friends and families will be a tough decision for most of them to make. Like it or not at least some will refuse to follow orders in this case. Particularly if the revolt/uprising/revolution is relatively large.

If the backlash's are small, say Ruby Ridge/Waco size they'll be crushed like a bug and there would likely be little dissent in our military.

On the other hand a nationwide movement of millions or tens of millions
    WILL (whether you like it or not) create a dilemma for many many individual soldiers.

That's all I'm saying.

If you ZZzzzz/Optional were in the Army and Obama ordered you to shoot your children for protesting the government or better yet being accused of sedition.
    Are you going to follow orders without thinking first?
    Especially since we all know and even YOU have admitted BO is a liar?

#17     Nov 3, 2009
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

You mean like posting our opinions 15 times a day on an anonymous message board, copy and pasting stupidly biased articles and bashing the other side of the political isle?

Or did you have something better in mind?

#18     Nov 3, 2009
  9. 375k of those 400k are "right wing crazies" who will never fire upon a fellow countrymen.

Remember, former military are on the big O`s watchlist for potential terrorists...

#19     Nov 3, 2009
  10. They've been invited to the dark pools and pits of wall street to ring their bell ...we can only hope.

:mad:

#20     Nov 3, 2009