the PDT rule needs to go

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gordon Gekko, Nov 7, 2002.

1. lmao..i'm giggling.

#31     Nov 7, 2002
  2. He should go live in a log cabin trading on a handheld device, and call himself the UnaTrader.

#32     Nov 7, 2002
  3. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

No lets all go on a hunger strike and put our faces on the front page......

#33     Nov 7, 2002
  4. i'm writing the manifesto as we speak. i just hope my sister doesn't recognize my writing.

#34     Nov 7, 2002
  5. I'm worried that as e-minis become more and more popular, they will try to extend the PDT rules to futures as well as stocks (i.e., $25k min equity).

That would really suck!

Corallus

#35     Nov 7, 2002
  6. TAfool

TAfool

The last I looked, the government of the United States was supposed to be "by and for the people".

That means if you don't like something THEN SPEAK UP! If you don't speak up then nothing will change.

To those that say "well, uh, umm, you can't change anything so just keep your mouth shut, uh, duh, where's my beer and joint, duh." You people, I salute you:http://home.earthlink.net/~dbradford1/Stuff/youare.swf

The only way the rules will change is for enough people to speak their minds and let the all non-knowing government know that it did indeed screw up. If you wish to sit back on your lazy fat ass and do nothing then that is your prerogative but, if you are going to do that then do keep your mouth shut and do not tell others that speaking up is a waste of time.

TAfool

#36     Nov 7, 2002
  7. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

For me they already have.
    Trade station requires a $30,000 mimimum to daytrade a futures account.

#37     Nov 7, 2002
  8. #38     Nov 7, 2002
  9. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Maybe it was locked because this one is so similar?:confused:

#39     Nov 7, 2002
  10. Cathy,

Thats pretty wierd that tradestation is making you keep $30k in your account. With most futures brokers intraday margin is less because you don't hold over night. Maybe you should think about changing to IB.

:)

Indie

#40     Nov 7, 2002