The Path to Heaven or Hell

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by emg, Feb 13, 2012.

1. "Thou shall not covet thy neighbor's property [nor his margin trading account thru online trading]"

#21     Mar 12, 2012
  2. emg

emg

Here is an interesting article:

Where Homework Is Managing a $200,000 Stock Portfolio

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2010/12/29/where-homework-is-managing-a-200000-stock-portfolio/

Adelphi is one of the latest universities to bring the trading floor to the classroom, relying on guidance and financing from wealthy bankers and their Wall Street firms. Only three business schools had such operations in 1997, according to Rise Display, which installs tickers, video screens and trading software for universities and financial institutions. Now, more than 200 institutions around the country — from Ivy League universities to small liberal art colleges — have them. Six new centers are set to open over the holiday season.

Big trading firms and their top executives often foot the bill. Goldman Sachs donated $300,000 to help Indiana University build a trading room and other facilities in 2001. Merrill Lynch gave Baruch about $100,000. Energy firms with trading operations, including Dynegy, El Paso and Conoco Phillips, have also cut checks for trading centers.

Robert Berns logged more than a hundred hours on the trading floor in his senior year at George Washington — an experience he promoted in his interviews at Wells Fargo Securities. He joined Wells as an investment banker in Charlotte, N.C., shortly after graduating last May.

U don't see Institutional invest in 3rd party educational vendors/signal provider. They believe they are a joke. Institutional only invest in HIGHER EDUCATION!

#22     Mar 13, 2012
    murray t turtle likes this.
  3. Last time I was in Irak, I turned a street corner and encountered 3 'rabs armed with AK47s...they started to turn their rifles towards me...and then I pulled my Yale law school degree...They were completely disoriented instantly, then I slit their throats with three precise thrusts of my bayonet.
    After that I pulled their tongues through the opening I cut so that they looked like they had ties on, and I put on my Tuxedo. We all attended the formal party afterwards, but they could not drink the Dom Perignon, because they were dead.
    Since I used my Ivy League law degree, I could argue, in any court, that I killed them legally, but the truth is that they were vastly outnumbered and outskilled. They didn't have a chance.

#23     Mar 13, 2012
  4. emg, your spelling and expression are quite poor.

Please do yourself a favor and learn to write correct English, before running around and touting 'higher education' all the time.

Otherwise, you're making a fool out of yourself.

Maybe you are not a native English speaker, but this is really no excuse. I'm not one either.

#24     Mar 13, 2012
    murray t turtle likes this.
  5. emg

emg

Here is another interesting article: This one is in Canada

Construction begins on N. Murray Edwards Finance & Trading Lab

http://haskayne.ucalgary.ca/news/se...n-begins-n-murray-edwards-finance-trading-lab

Calgary, AB – Even though Calgary is recognized as one of the top three finance centres in Canada (along with Toronto and Montreal), its university does not yet have a trading floor/finance lab learning environment where students can learn the inner workings of the industry. That will change this fall, when the N. Murray Edwards Finance and Trading Lab opens at the Haskayne School of Business at the University of Calgary.

Students from across the university will be able to access trading and risk management software and information in the lab for hands-on practice. Given that employers look for graduates who have practical experience with these systems, the lab will make University of Calgary graduates much more competitive as they vie for jobs.

#25     Mar 13, 2012
  6. emg

emg

Keep in mind. While universities are building and expanding their Trading Room laboratory, HFT will continue to grow at a substantial rate. Quant trader/HFT Traders will be in high demand.

#26     Mar 13, 2012
  7. emg

emg

At the sametime, Higher Bracket Proprietary Trading Firms (Market Makers) will be or are already changing their business model. They may pay salary instead of commission to hire HFT Traders.

Higher Education is the key to become a successful trader!

Higher Education!

More than 90% of small traders lose! They just lose!!!

#27     Mar 13, 2012
  8. Lornz

Lornz

Can I ask you a question, emg?

It seems that most traders lose, they just lose. I don't want to lose, I want to become a successful trader.

Do you think it would be a good idea for me to attend a top university? Is that the path to a successful trading career?

#28     Mar 13, 2012
  9. I recommend University of Phoenix, they have a cutting edge trading room. The edge of the desk literally cut my shirt last time I was there.

#29     Mar 13, 2012
    _eug_ likes this.
  10. emg

emg

absolutely, but with certain degrees:

math, computer science, and minor finance.

Example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Chen

William "Bill" Chen (born 1970 in Williamsburg, Virginia) is an American quantitative analyst, poker player, and software designer.
    He heads the Statistical Arbitrage department at Susquehanna International Group.

Chen holds a Ph.D. in mathematics (1999) from the University of California, Berkeley.

don't need to get a phd unless u want to, but math is strongly required. Chen able to play poker wells by using math to control emotion. After all, trading is based on math skills, and not stupidity

#30     Mar 13, 2012