The past 2 weeks with Santorum has highlighted just how weak Obama is.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Feb 29, 2012.

1. Max E.

Max E.

I dont think Santorum could have come off as a bigger nut over the past 2 weeks if he tried, plus you had the entire media exaggerating his comments, and making bogus claims about shit, like how santorum supposedly wants to ban contraceptives, even though he specifically said the opposite. The left wing also kept saying that all GOP'ers want to talk about is social issues, but they were the ones who were pushing that narrative more than anyone, in order to help Obama out and paint all conservatives as extreme, Now you have all the lefties on elite trader prematurely high fiving each other about how much of a joke he is and how he supposedly represents the entire GOP.

Santorum's stupidity basically capitulated this week, with 24/7 coverage of his boneheaded comments, now the media is going to move on to other stories, as Santorum fades into irrelevance. The only network that is going to keep on covering Santorum every minute of the day is going to be The Obama news network (MSNBC) as they try to paint all right wingers with a broad brush.

So even at the height of Insanity, with the entire media bagging on him, and Santorum and Romney bludgeoning each other, Santorum is only polling 5 points lower than Obama which is almost a statistical tie. In my opinion this highlights how weak Obama is, and I am starting to change gears and think that Romney may actually have a chance after all, Romney intelligently kept himself from going off the deep end with Santorum, and i think once he is the only one running against Obama, and Right wingers are left with a choice between one of the two they will pick Romney. Kudos to Romney for managing to stay out of that shit.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VDuA1yuQo6E?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VDuA1yuQo6E?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

2. Good luck Maxi.

3. jem

jem

That is a very good point.

I believe in God and go to Church and I thought Santorum has just about lost his mind. It looks like going after the Catholic Church back fired on Obama. He lost his best chance of victory.

Part of Santorum must not want to be President.
    Perhaps he knows he can't give the order to kill people or something like that.

He reminded me of traders blowing themselves up in the office. Something I witnessed a few times. In fact in my first office I took the seat of a guy who had lost 18 grand the day before.

Gingrich kind of did the same thing.. when he let the grumpy old man out after losing a primary... was it florida?

4. Max E.

Max E.

Santorum could have went about it in an intelligent way, but he decided to go off the rails. If he would have just stuck to nailing Obama over forcing churches to provide contraception, (Im an atheist/agnostic,) and i thought that the whole religious freedom thing was a winning argument, even though i believe the church is wrong about not wanting to provide contraception. Instead he went off the deep end and started getting into all kinds of crazy talk.

I know alot of Catholics, because i went to a catholic school for a few years growing up, and no one that i know follows the rules against contraception... I guess since Santorum has 5 kids we are supposed to believe he only had sex 5 times......

I agree with what you said about a trader blowing himself up... i think Santorum's whole strategy was to win Michigan no matter how ridiculous some of the shit he said was going to be, he knew he has no money so he was banking on momentum, and he was willing to do whatever he had to in order to win that state, throwing all his eggs in that basket....and then he was just praying that the whole thing would miraculously work itself out after that..... Much like a trader who is on his last legs averaging down into a position, and praying that he wil get a bounce....

I think Santorum will get a tap on the shoulder from the higher ups in the GOP, after that display and he will be politely told to get his shit together, and quit helping the democrats, or that he will be run out of the GOP, and unlike Gingrich, Santorum still has an interest in being politically connected when it is all said and done, so i think Santorum will bite his tongue a little more from here on out....

Gingrich on the other hand has expressed a willingness to go down with the ship, so i think the focus is going to be on Romney/Gingrich from here on out.....

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Seems to me all these candidates should be nailing Obama instead of each other.
    There is certainly plenty of ammunition there.

6. Max E.

Max E.

Thats the thing, all they have to do is stick to hammering Obama on the weak economy, the Debt, the Deficit, unemployment, and the price of gas, and stay out of the garbage Santorum is talking about, and they are all winning arguments, that no one can dispute.

7. Luke . . . . Santorum is a bit short of funds, why dont you help out and fly him wherever he wants to campaign in your new plane ?

8. Max E.

Max E.

Maybe we should just pay for a donkey (democrat) to pull Santorum from place to place on a Rickshaw since Santorum seems to enjoy living in the 1800's..... :D

[​IMG]

9. Yep, you have some agreement here. You know Santorum had no chance, much like Paul, who I like and his economic and war stances.

c

10. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I agree with the OP, Santorum is polling close enough to Obama that it means Obama is weak in a way that the media and democrats (media and democrats, sort of redundant lol) will never admit.

Remember that the leftist media had Jimmy Carter running even with Ronald Reagan right up to election day.

Like a great trade Tsing Tao has called this. Once supporters coalesce behind Romney I think we've got a real horse race here.

Romney could win.

Santorum provided the impulse response so that we could see the transfer function, that is, the real weakness of Barrack Obama among independents.

We can do this.

#10     Feb 29, 2012