The Party Is Over

Discussion in 'Trading' started by THE-BEAKER, Jun 8, 2007.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

traders lose more money than investors... or maybe they just lose it quicker.....:D

#21     Jun 8, 2007
  2. Agree

#22     Jun 8, 2007
  3. One way traders maybe. The simple fact is most traders don't or won't sell short, or use options to move risk around. I have been about 60-65% long through most of this run, but still manage 30-35% gains through being nimble. I make most of my gains when the market goes into these periodic black holes. Investors get hammered during these times.

#23     Jun 8, 2007
  4. j1900q

j1900q

:D
    It seems about time savers reap the rewards of being prudent. We live in a world economy now and I for one hope the fed has less power over it. I love trading
    and will not complain when I have to get out for a loss. I will try to learn from my mistakes, and not blame others. The party is not over, it has just begun. Who cares which way the market goes. Heck there is another trade just waiting. I love my God (Jesus Christ) and my country (good old USA) and am so blessed to have the time to enjoy life here in Colorado, and maybe help a few people along the way. Today is going to be the very best of your life, and tomarrow is going to be better. Don't take risk you can't afford. Trade smaller than you need to. Don't worry, be happy.
    trade well
    Keith

#24     Jun 8, 2007
  5. As long as the indexes do not sell below 1360-1400 area, we will be fine.

#25     Jun 8, 2007
  6. Oh, S&P @ 1490.01

This is actually exciting.

#26     Jun 8, 2007
  7. Oh really?

Where exactly does it dissapear to?

Does a measly quarter point or even half point hike make money dissapear?

Money is never lost, it is merely transfered. This is a financial system of perpetual money supply growth. If it ever reverses, you will have much much bigger problems to worry about than being right in your predictions about S&P/Dow going into a bear market.

Anyone who has been active in the US equity markets for the last 4-5 years should not be suprised to see the indices decline for next few months or even till the end of the year. It's summer, the market has had quite a run into a wall of worry, it's about time for a pullback. Need to shake out the weak hands, sucker in the perpetual bears & move money around.

If you have any real understanding of how the financial systems of most of the nations work, you would know that the Fed Funds rate is one of the least important factors. That's why it's publicized so much.

#27     Jun 8, 2007
  8. toc

toc

'you would know that the Fed Funds rate is one of the least important factors. That's why it's publicized so much.'

hydro, this is some advanced insight, agree and also disagree..........what in your mind are the real market moving factors.

#28     Jun 8, 2007
  9. Think logically, does it look like this market has much follow through? Have any of you guys been trading intraday for the last couple of years?

It is such a tight battle between the permabears & permabulls and the endless amount of daytraders/computers willing to chop stocks & indices for measly pennies.

All that matters is that the money has to go somewhere. Derivatives are still growing but somewhat mature, same for the debt products. Real estate does not have much juice left, but even if it does re-emerge, just how much potential does it have in the current environment? I highly doubt it can suck in the cash from a significant market sell off.

Now if it goes into commodities, particularly food, then we have a big problem. That's a financial crisis situation and political unrest. And smart money is not going to sit in cash for any period longer than a few months. It has to go somewhere.

As for me, not that I'm some kind of richie rich money or even close, but I sold all my long term holdings this week. Partly cause I needed the cash to travel, partly cause I don't have a desire to sit through the summer and partly cause I am so used to lack of followthrough and the stocks were up enough to take the profits. I don't have any financial interest in where the market goes, all I know is that if it dives dramatically, I'm outty 5000.

#29     Jun 8, 2007