The Party Is Over

Discussion in 'Trading' started by THE-BEAKER, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Just wondering, were the oil companies asking for help and subsidizing from the government back in the late 90s, early 2000s when oil was 18, 20, 24 bucks a barrel and many oil co's were bleeding from their eyes and losing money. Now they make money and we're supposed to impose penalty taxes :confused:

#11     Jun 8, 2007
  2. toc

toc

Either take a hard pill and recoup from the brink of disaster or stand tough and embrace the disastrous end........with a smiling face?

:confused:

#12     Jun 8, 2007
  3. The party is never over. Disco will live for ever.

#13     Jun 8, 2007
  4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

:D

Thats cute. In any case, I would agree that when people open their eyes all is not well in Happytown..but as long as they keep the eyes closed?? Something that should go down, yet continues to go up is a pretty powerful signal.

For the time being we definatly have a well needed sell off as I see it. The bond market is a major cause for concern, as is China at this point. However, until the leading stocks start to really tumble I'm going to refrain from commiting alot to the short side..once/if that happens then disco might die!

#14     Jun 8, 2007
  5. Nah, things are starting to get interesting; the party is just beginning.

Adapt or die.

#15     Jun 8, 2007
  6. more sellers of treasuries as the reality pill is swallowed by more investors.

some guys at government bond desks report paper selling at any price and huge volume.#

just get me out at whatever price.

when the stock market wakes up to whats going on here things are gonna get ugly.

5 percent to 5.25 yield on the ten year in 24 hours.

come on market wake up.

this is a big move and will have implications.

#16     Jun 8, 2007
  7. Yes, many will exploit,many will freeze and do nothing until it's too late and many more will panic and bail.

Looks like a full course meal to me; the possibilities are numerous.

#17     Jun 8, 2007
  8. S2007S

S2007S

was watching cnbc this morning, one persons target was that the s&p 500 gets to around 1450 on this dip and close the year between 1600-1650.

Too many are anticipating the continuation of this bull run, it may not be over, but after nearly 5 years running strong eventually the bear does make it down wallstreet.

#18     Jun 8, 2007
  9. I think the bears are out...there was no letup in selling yesterday. At least before the selling started buying slowed heavily to a standstill...selling was rife yesterday.

#19     Jun 8, 2007
  10. Suck it dip buyers, your one dimensional trading just blew up in your face and blew up your accounts :p

#20     Jun 8, 2007