The parallel universe where Mitt leads all polls

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brass, Oct 1, 2012.

1. i am embarrased that this guy calls himself a thinker. he is more along the lines of a jem..er:

Bull...

If anything, the closer we get to Election Day, the more apparent it is that Obama is not only losing, but losing big. The Obama campaign, and by "campaign" I mean members of the media and polling organizations, is trying to convince prospective Romney voters to believe that all is lost -- in which case, they hope, we will stay home.

But just because they say so, that doesn't make it true.

Everyone knew from the outset that Obama, with his sad record of continuous failure on almost every front, was going to air out his inner bitterness and envy, and campaign negatively. But did anyone suspect that his sole hope for victory would rest on trying to suppress the vote of his opponent with naked media bias and polling -- most of which assumes a higher Democrat turnout than in 2008, when the electorate, many Republicans included, swallowed whole Obama's vision of "hope and change"?

The truth is plain to see. Obama is not going to pick up any new voters with his record of economic destruction and the misery he has foisted upon the electorate. He will bleed support as his base withers away in the harsh glare of the Obama reality.

Take his vote total from 2008 and subtract out some portion of the voters who bought the dream but lived the nightmare.

Then, subtract out some portion of the youth vote, who have discovered that hope means no jobs and student loans they can't pay, while change means whatever coins they can find underneath the cushions of their mother's sofa -- in whose house they are relegated to live because of poor prospects and lack of opportunity.

Remove the women who don't agree with abortion on demand and contraceptives for all -- free and clear.

Remove the Catholics and other religious "folks" (a favorite Obama term) for the same reason, in addition to his assault on religious freedom, support of same-sex marriage, and antipathy for insulting the prophet of Islam, while accepting any slight on the Judeo-Christian American tradition.
    Oh my goodness, did I just hurt the feelings of Muslims by not capitalizing "prophet"? I anxiously await the knock on the door from the Obama secret police.

Remove the Jews who are appalled at his treatment of Israel and his obvious sympathy for Islamists.

Remove the sensible, who recognize Obama's impotence in the face of Iran's steady march toward acquiring a nuclear weapon. After all, we have nothing to fear from Iran, a nation whose leaders continuously call for the destruction of Israel and America.

Take out all those people who can no longer afford the drive to work, now that Obama has allowed the price of gasoline to double during his tenure.

In addition, many blacks, who have suffered most under this man's policies, will not be there for him this time around. They may not vote against him -- racial solidarity, and all that -- but many will certainly stay home.
    Remove the voters who do not like the fact that for Barack, the buck always stops at Bush.

Simply put, people will not go out of their way to support someone who has tortured them into submission for three and a half years. Even though they may not tell pollsters that.

With that in mind, can anyone say there is the same level of electoral enthusiasm for the president as there was in 2008?
    http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/09/its_over.html

#31     Oct 2, 2012
  2. At first I thought you were quoting jem as sounds so much like him

#32     Oct 2, 2012
  3. jem

jem

and ak didn't you just say you can drop 10% of the black vote because Christian pastors object to gay marriage and partial birth abortion?

#33     Oct 2, 2012
  4. for many of reasons not just those you listed.The newness has worn off and a bunch of lazy slackers wont vote.He just needs the usual black vote turnout and he will be fine

#34     Oct 2, 2012