The pain.

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by indahook, Jul 28, 2006.

1. I agree. After reviewing the losses I have found my stops too tight for the current mkt. Thankfully I keep the risk constant so i`m not getting chopped to bits...just a few mosquito bites.

thanks

#11     Jul 28, 2006
  2. Words of wisdom. I`m not as emotional as I used to be..but it shows its ugly head at times like this. Reading that damn PnL thread during a losing streak doesn't help me either. :) One of the worst things we can do is try and compare ourselves to others.

I dont swing a stick your size yet...guess its all relative though. For me a 1500.00 loss hurts.

Good trading to you also.

#12     Jul 28, 2006
  3. Doesn't mean anything but that you don't sufficiently know your system.
    As an example, a highly profitable system might in 10 trading days very well exhibit 6 contiguous highs and 9 contiguous lows.

#13     Jul 28, 2006
  4. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

What instruments are you trading, how frequent? Daytrading? I might be able to help.

#14     Jul 28, 2006
  5. Your right. I`m going to do some testing this weekend based on my trades for the year. I may be spinning my wheels...

#15     Jul 28, 2006
  6. SPY,QQQQ

avg per per trade 3.77 days
    avg per per winner 4.06
    per loser 3.58

with my current losing streak i`m at 40% winners 60% losers..no scratch trades.

#16     Jul 28, 2006

7. head to Margaritaville for a few weeks. Come back trading 100 share lots till you get your grove back....:D

#17     Jul 28, 2006
  8. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

MAN, you are fine! I thought you are in trouble! You are not! What data provider do you use? If you have eSignal or TradeStation I might be able to swing you a few indicators that I wrote that might help you.

Cheers

#18     Jul 28, 2006
  9. Thats a mighty generous offer. Thank you.

#19     Jul 28, 2006
  10. Cesko

Cesko

Out of 26 trades:10 losers, 15 breakevens(tiny profits, tiny losses cancelling each other out after commission)), 1 profit

It happened after I "figured out" I could afford to tighten my stops, generally speaking.

#20     Jul 28, 2006