The overrated list

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock_trad3r, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Who is overrated?

1. Buffet. The only reason why this guy is a multibillionaire is because he bought coke and gillete in the early 80's and held. Since those stocks appreciated 20x you do the math (2billion* 20=40 billion) A chipanzee could have bought almost anything in the early 80's and made money if they held on. Not rocket science.

Also, for some inexplicable reason people are bidding up birkshire stock IN SPITE of the fact that his holdings have actually underperformed the market. BRK-a is going back to 110,000/share even with a PE ratio of 15.

And geico sucks

Not once has buffet invested in Oil, coal, gold, potash/fertalizer companies, steel, foreign stocks, agriculture, or any of the sectors that have actually outperformed.

He also missed on out tech stocks, too in the late 90's but this isn't new.

Since I created my original thread BRK-a has fallen 5%:

http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthrea...age=6&highlight=buffet overrated&pagenumber=1

2. Pete Najarian

This guy is a flooz. He picks a stock that has had a huge single day runup and then attempts backtrack the options activity that would have forshadowed the breakout. Um yea except he is a day late, obviously cause he is full of it. Why not tell us before the stock breaks out?

Also he'll state the obvious like "the calls are showing a 50/50 chance of RIMM going up or down $10 on earnings" Gee thanks thats helpful.

2. just don't say that Testosterone is overated

3. stock_trad3r

11-06-07 07:01 PM

I can pretty much guarantee this bull market will last for many many more decades. The upside is unlimited. Such arguments were made in 2000 but times have changed though. Valuations arent excesiv.3 Growth is staggering. Globalization and free trade are the driving fators for what will be the biggest rally in the history of the stock market.

Dow 15000 before the end of 2007.

2008 will be a monster rally. he nasdaq will cross 3800 and the dow will cross 18,000.

Gold will pass 1100 and oil will pass 130.

leading sectors will be technology (mainly internet and handset computer markets), materials, construction, defense, comodities, and shipping

The 5 year chart for the nasdaq will more or less begin to resemble a parabola instead of line as is the case now.

FXi will hit 350 and EWZ will hit 110.

GOOG wil rise another 60% and AAPL, AMZN, BIDU RIMM will rise between 60-100% in 2008.

There will be no serious news stories in 2008. NO major dips. The biggest selloff in 2008 may be 3% or so for th indexes.

The global emerging markets rally will continue in full force in 2008, to an even greater extend than in 2007. Hang seng will double.

Romney will win in 2008, defeating Edwards.

We're in an era of economic and financal perpetualism of unlimited upside and global growth.

While my my predictions may seem foolhardy and outlandish, they aren't.

You can poke fun like a loser or you can say hmmmmmm maybe he is right and make money.

Guess I'd have to vote for you. Mr stock_trad3r.

4. +1

stck_turder is a regular Nostradamus.

His statement that the only reason Warren Buffet "is a multibillionaire is because he bought coke and gillete in the early 80's and held..." treads on a special and rare section of stupidity that few statements dare venture, and should be put into the ET Hall of Fame.

5. brk-a keeps falling

now down 10% from when to short and falling like a stone

going back to 110,000

What happened? Why selling? I guess all the buffet hype can't keep this balloon inflated any longer.

When it is time 2 short it is time 2 short

6. ElCubano

ElCubano

there must have been a multitude of people who could have done the same, same year , same chance, same scenerio..... Where are they???

7. Buffet bought $400m worth of PetroChina (PTR) in 2003 and sold it for $4bln in 2007. A sweet $3.6bln in profits. Beat that.

He also owns COP. So you're completely wrong.

8. The only thing turder reads is the captions in Spank magazine.

9. The problem is that is only two stocks out of a huge holding. It doesn't matter that he owned PTR since he sold it anyway and $3.5 billion in profits equates to only 1 billion a year which isn't too impressive for a company worth $133 billion. Also it's not like he can repeat the success of PTR an arbitrary number of times.

COP is good, but that is one stock out of a huge portfolio of underperformers

10. If you think Buffet's wealth comes from owning stocks like Coke and Gillete pick up one of his annual reports, you might learn something. Stock is where Buffet parks excess cash, not where he makes his fortunes. Everyone knows that.

#10     May 13, 2008