The Origins of World War III

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by observer67, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Suggest or rather confirm?

REPORT FROM IRON MOUNTAIN:
    ON THE POSSIBILITY AND DESIRABILITY
    OF PEACE

With introductory material by Leonard C. Lewin
    The Dial Press, Inc. 1967, New York
    Library of Congress Catalog card Number 67-27553 Printed in the U.S.
    http://www.projectcamelot.org/Report_from_Iron_Mountain.pdf
    http://www.amazon.com/Report-Mounta...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1261595931&sr=8-2

From the original publication till today, history has proven all the points in the material to be correct.
    ...Let’s keep in mind, our two greatest products are Debt and War. These two are fundamentally interlinked.
    Debt assures a guaranteed steady income, and War guarantees huge windfalls plus order and organization. Who are the direct and indirect beneficiaries of Debt and War? Who issues Debt? who starts War?
    Both Debt and War ensure the achievent of a very simple and yet most powerful goal.

As far as energy goes, the real war has been waged behind the scenes for over a century.

#21     Dec 23, 2009
    #22     Dec 23, 2009
  3. pspr

pspr

You're wrong. Obama is the pussy many think he is. I'm not talking about agressive action, I'm talking about defensive action. He WILL be slow to react. In fact it will take much pressure to come to the aid of Israel if that is required. The thinking in the Administration toward foreign policy (not to mention domestic policy) is simplistic and moronic. We don't live in a world where everyone gets along and there are real aggressors with powerful nations. The only thing between these nations attacking many others and current stalemate is the United States. Unfortunately, the thinking of many is too narrow to perceive the world threat.

#23     Dec 23, 2009
  4. spinn

spinn

wasnt it Clinton that called off the attack on OBL, as he, like Obama, is too afraid to upset those that hate us?

If Clinton hadnt called that off, would we even be where we are now?

#24     Dec 23, 2009
  5. in few more years there wont be a need for an invasion.
    they will simply declare independence and join China, any border line russian/chinese region is already full of the Chinese on the Russian side.

#25     Dec 23, 2009
  6. China just signed an oil deal with Venezuela. I wonder if that includes a defense clause?

#26     Dec 23, 2009
  7. Yes he did, which was a much different time pre 911. I believe it was Sandy Weinberg to be specific.

Do you honestly believe any other President would have struck him Afganistan? Seriously a pre-emptive strike in peacetime?

There is plenty of blame to go around. I am sure you have seen the reports that Bush was warned before 911.

Unlike most on this forum I don't mind criticizing either side.

#27     Dec 23, 2009
  8. 1/100th? So we spend about $600 billion per year on the military now, so $6 billion would solve our problem? im pretty sure that the private sector spends more than that, and they are way more efficient than the government.

#28     Dec 23, 2009
  9. We've been at war for 8 years and it hasn't helped the economy one bit. That is because the nature of war has changed since WW2. In the 1940's, everyone was mass producing relatively simple weapons (with the exception being some of Germany's weapons and America's non-conventional weapons used on Japan) to outfit massive armies that numbered in the millions and 10s of millions of soldiers. To compare, I recently read that one modern, conventionally armed, jet bomber could do the same damage as a WWII thousand bomber raid because of the increased power of the weapons and the pinpoint accuracy. So, don't expect to see the unemployment rate drop significantly due to millions of soldiers being needed to fight and millions of factory workers being needed to make F-35s, M1A1 tanks, UAVs, and satellites for the typical war we would fight.

#29     Dec 23, 2009
  10. ..........................................

Well now...who knows....

One can start with Bush, SR....Clinton....B Jr....

What's the total $....

What's the lost opportunity in innovation for failure to adequately fund a REAL effort....

Who knows....

How about a truly serious effort towards energy independence as well....

Blowing up kids in the ME or anywhere else...IS NOT A SOLUTION....

No doubt just a fraction of the military $ could have gone a long way....

Never a serious energy policy....

Still do not have one....

#30     Dec 23, 2009