The Options Report

Discussion in 'Options' started by sharrig, Mar 29, 2009.

1. lol - Can I guess they were playing "momentum" stocks? I can see the sales pitch now...."This stock could go so high that even though the price is only $xxx, you can safely pay up to $yyy for this call"

I would agree they likely had a poor percentage chance per pick. No doubt trying to make it up with one or two big gainers ("what if the stock just doubles!").

JJacksET4

#11     Mar 30, 2009
  2. akivak

akivak

I found this old thread and I would like to comment on the topic.

I completely disagree that “there is a single stock or option selection service that is worth anything more than zero.”

As an example, I know about a specific service that is around since 2000 and has an average yearly return of 35-45%. Not one single losing year. That includes 2008 (36%) and 2002 (96%). They sell cheap credit spreads. They had a 5 years winning streak without one single losing month and average return of 3% per month. That seemed unreal till they had a 26% loss in March expiration cycle. I personally know couple subscribers that are with the service for 4-6 years and confirm those results. They are also verified by pro-trading-profits.

Regarding a claim “why would he sell subscriptions for peanuts”. Typical annual fee for those services is about $1,000 per year. Some of them charge $2,000-3,000, but lets be conservative. I know that this specific service has more than 1,000 subscribers (I don’t know the exact number, it could be 2,000-3,000, but lets again be conservative). That’s one million dollars per year conservative estimate. Not exactly peanuts.

#12     Mar 26, 2010