The options market seems untradeable now

Discussion in 'Options' started by floho, Mar 19, 2020.

1. taowave

taowave

Im having no problem getting fills,and the relatively small bid offer given up is more than made up for on theoretical edge..

#41     Mar 23, 2020
  2. FSU

FSU

Exactly!

A 5 dollar quoted spread doesn't mean the real spread is 5 wide. It means the MM's don't want to leave tight quotes up and get picked off in a rapidly moving market. The "real" market is much tighter. Try 1 lots in between the quoted markets to determine the real market.

I was trading a leap put in Google today. The quoted market was 6 wide, while the actual market was only about .40 wide.

#42     Mar 23, 2020
  3. Bekim

Bekim

go back to reddit[/QUOTE]
    For spy they are not bad, try trading equites like JPM or JNJ names that are normally liquid are not anymore.

#43     Mar 23, 2020
  4. Im sure you're right
    post one real life example, or , with all due respect, stfu

#44     Mar 23, 2020
  5. taowave said:
    Im having no problem getting fills,and the relatively small bid offer given up is more than made up for on theoretical edge..

doubt you'd know edge if it bit you on the tao

#45     Mar 23, 2020
  6. taowave

taowave

Im trading TSLA,Spy and AAPL.
    I noticed TSLA has gotten much tougher and the edge has vanished.

SPY is no problem at all,but it takes several creative ways to get filled..

Same with AAPL..

Regardless,the edge far outweighs the seemingly wide spreads in the stocks/indices I am trading

For spy they are not bad, try trading equites like JPM or JNJ names that are normally liquid are not anymore.[/QUOTE]

#46     Mar 23, 2020
  7. what edge???? lol, I can fly, I just flew in from Istanbul and boy are my arms tired

again, post a single real example of what you call edge, or go away

#47     Mar 23, 2020
  8. taowave

taowave

Here you go moron. Last week,TSLA 600 -790 1x3 call spread traded for a .50 cent credit.
    On the bounce,the next day it traded for a 3.80 credit.And you didnt have to leg the trade.

Look at the skew in AAPL and SPY and get back to me.

Believe me or not,IDGAF...

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    #48     Mar 23, 2020
    ffs1001 likes this.
  9. ironchef

ironchef

I added to my long calls today. Not easy, I had to go longer expiration, they are thinly traded ended up I offered near ask to get my fill.

#49     Mar 23, 2020
    taowave likes this.
  10. taowave

taowave

Chef,why take down this level of vol as opposed to buying the underlying??

#50     Mar 23, 2020