The options market seems untradeable now

Discussion in 'Options' started by floho, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Bekim

Bekim

The spreads are beyond disgusting, I thought for a second they were improving but today was worse than ever.

#31     Mar 23, 2020
    .sigma likes this.
  2. ffs1001

ffs1001

....er.......wide spreads can actually lead to good profitable opportunities, if you "trade the spread".

#32     Mar 23, 2020
    Atikon likes this.
  3. this is how options work , dweebs

go back to reddit

#33     Mar 23, 2020
    .sigma likes this.

4. you first, not so easy to do , very little trading at extreme prices

show us , oh geynus

#34     Mar 23, 2020
    .sigma likes this.
  5. taowave

taowave

He happens to be right.....

Not saying its easy,you have to be glued to the screen,but there are exceedingly good opportunities if really know wtf you are doing...

TSLA was a great trade last week..Much tougher this week

#35     Mar 23, 2020
  6. on something like tsla its barely any diff than just scalping the stock

prove otherwise

et and other places famous for nebulous claims of success, rarely proof of concept

#36     Mar 23, 2020
  7. Sig

Sig

To the OP, first off, wide spreads don't mean you can't trade near the mid if you put in a limit order. Have you actually tried trading these or are you just looking at your screen?

Second, if the bid/ask spreads are unreasonable you can make a mint acting as a market maker. If you're not willing to do that, then you're implicitly admitting that the spreads aren't unreasonable. Can't have it both ways.

#37     Mar 23, 2020
  8. taowave

taowave

You are clueless when it comes to options

#38     Mar 23, 2020
  9. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

That's what my traders who trade options are telling me, too -- spreads are terrible....

#39     Mar 23, 2020
    Ayn Rand likes this.
  10. mskl

mskl

I'm currently over the 390 orders/day for March so I have to slow down. And I've been taking it easy the last couple weeks. Many trades I'm ignoring.

stupid rules - esp when liquidity is needed the most. seems like the big boys can't keep up or they have other issues they are dealing with.

#40     Mar 23, 2020