The Opening Orders Thread

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Don Bright, Dec 29, 2006.

1. 5 fills, 2W-1L long, 1-1 short, +520, 4600 shares

How about those Gators! Makes it much nicer being a Nittany Lion fan in Buckeye Country now. I think I'll frame today's Columbus Dispatch...

#41     Jan 9, 2007
  2. 6 fills, 4 winners, one small loser and one big loser (HAL) only+$150 or so. Back at it tomorrow.

Don

#42     Jan 9, 2007
  3. Obviously DON does not play with size my point exactly.

#43     Jan 9, 2007
  4. Interesting, so your automation searches your chosen universe and you find your custom built basket of goodies each AM and the resulting basket is usually never the same, each day.

Then your exits are based on your trading experience...

Michael B.

#44     Jan 9, 2007
  5. FWIW, and it's been posted many times before over the years. I use this account for my training, with share size that ny new people can use without being fearful. "Leading by example" if you will. If I were to share our bigger trading, Bob's and mine, it would look a bit pretentious, and that's just not the way we are. Our "Family LLC etc." trading does pretty good size, not that it matters for my purposes here.

all the best,

Don

#45     Jan 9, 2007
  6. makes more sense to me now... Thank You. I highly doubt Bright Family LLC's trading would phase me... I trade for hedge funds...

#46     Jan 9, 2007
  7. I am curious...then why are you reading this thread? No disrespect intended. Don't you have Hedge Fund politics to attend to?

#47     Jan 9, 2007
  8. Concerning the exits...

The morning "crowd" and movement must render SOME technical analysis worthless..

Are any "envelopers" willing to share their exit methodology and walk us through that? This is a journal right?

Michael B.

#48     Jan 9, 2007
  9. I wish there were a cookbook answer to "how to exit" but in my experience it is pretty much like lescor said a few posts ago; once you're in, it's Trading 101. I handle it like any other trade. Some trades I scale out of, some I get out of all at once. Depending on what the market and the major peer of the given stock are doing post open, I give the stock time or I cut it loose quick. It comes down to experiencing opening fills on your given stocks and getting used to how they behave post-open. Some are wild, some are tame. You really do get a feel for it after a while.

I don't find there is any magic method to profiting on this strategy. But then I'm far from being a wizard at it. Maybe some others on this forum have a more mechanical way of doing it.

#49     Jan 9, 2007
  10. One long fill for scratch today.

#50     Jan 10, 2007