The Opening Bell

Discussion in 'Forex' started by peter matthew matty, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Why is the Opening Bell consider As the Opening Bell ? Also What is in your view - As to the purpose surrounding this tradition.
    My view is that you should have had some study time in - By the time the Opening Bell comes around - But that is only my view - There must be plenty of other reasoning behind this value Or You Love it or Avoid it. Whats Yours ?

2. d08

d08

Is this post computer generated text or a horrible translation from Chinese?

Xela and wrbtrader like this.
  3. tomorton

tomorton

You used to be able to watch the bell being rung at the open of NYSE trading on their website, maybe you still can.

Is there a closing bell?

4. There's shouldn't be any bells whatsoever in modern digital world .All markets should be open 24/7.

tomorton likes this.
  5. Many markets are except for a 15 minute pause for technical work and to separate intra from interday trades. The S&P/Nasdaq etc. open/close is just a way of organising workers in firms and gives a predictable period of higher activity. There is also the Euro and Asia open/close.

I blame the sun.

Edit: I did not notice this was in forex :) which I don't trade, just Futures for me.

6. jnbadger

jnbadger

Rules change for market makers in stocks once the bell rings at 9:30 Eastern time, and again later in the morning, and again before the close, and again at the close. Might be a good thing to know if you're going to trade stocks. As well if you are going to trade futures, don't you think?

7. ET180

ET180

No, that would be hell. I enjoy my weekends and don't want to spend my time watching the markets on the weekends. Guess it's bad enough that I check ET on the weekends.

8. You can see the opening and closing bells being rung on cnbc