The Only Way to Turn US Economy Around

Discussion in 'Economics' started by traderharley, Jul 14, 2011.

1. If the Chinese are taking all the manufacturing jobs with an undervalued currency, stop complaining about it and take advantage of it instead. Buy all the shares of China's companies that you can instead of all the their cheap consumer goods that you don't need. Eventually the value of China's currency will rise in comparison to the American dollar and you'll do fine.

Forget about trying to change the thinking of everyone in America. That's an impossible task. All you can do is look out for yourself.

#21     Jul 15, 2011
  2. the1

the1

The next bubble we need to worry about is the student loan bubble. Nearly everone with a college degree has some sort of lingering debt, depending on their age. When this bubble pops it could get ugly.....again.

#22     Jul 15, 2011
  3. I AGREE

#23     Jul 18, 2011
  4. #24     Jul 18, 2011
  5. I DISAGREE.
    Government's primary responsibility is to create jobs in the economy.

#25     Jul 18, 2011
  6. Government's primary job is to have laws that protect citizens, but not so intrusive that it limits creative capital. Therefore I disagree with your thesis on taxing Chinese imports, that would pass the cost onto the consumer, and not the corporation.

#26     Jul 19, 2011
  7. I read everyone's post, and I agree with all of your opinion, because all from different point of view. When I created this post, my goal is not to change other people's thinking, I want to alert people that we have ways to make our life better. I saw Chinese government protects their business, and we American just accept whatever happened. I understand the importance of free trade, but we are in special situation, we borrowed so much money, and we are borrowing more day after day, and some day we need to pay back, do you want to put this burden on the shoulder of our children, grand children? Our jobs were exported to China and India, does our government need to take some measures to help us? From the point of view of whole world, no job loses, either here or there, but from the point of America, we lose; from the point of personal view, some people may say "who cares", we just need to take advantage of this situation, which is smart. However, as a country, our big ship is sinking. During cold war, America did not lose to their enemy, but in today's peaceful world, we became slaves to China, Japan, and India. Do we need to wake up?

#27     Jul 19, 2011
  8. What? Government doesn't have the capability of creating jobs... not "real" jobs... demand, market/capital driven, self-sustaining jobs.

Government merely CONSUMES capital.

#28     Jul 19, 2011
  9. Bakinec

Bakinec

traderharley, how do you propose getting American jobs back? Protectionism? How do you propose keeping the free-trade agreements and this capitalist system intact, while forcing companies to keep jobs in United States? That will require protectionist laws.

Not that I'm against that, but your "solution" is too obvious and naive, as if nobody thought of that before.

#29     Jul 19, 2011
  10. Ron Paul.

#30     Jul 19, 2011