The only thing Republicans have got going for them is...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by walter4, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Why does it matter which Bush supporters would have said it? Even if it was never argued you could still use Kut's argument that exact way. This argument looks completely weak when it isn't conveniant for you and it's flat out obvious.

Neither the far right or the far left love their country. They love the idea of changing the country in order to make it something that they can love.

Next time come up with reasons and relevant opinions or don't comment.

#11     Oct 14, 2009
  2. kut2k2

kut2k2

False equivalency. The situations are not at all symmetrical.

Bush inherited a budget surplus, a nation free of foreign war and the Hart-Rudman plan coming online to plug the holes in domestic security. Bush and company worked to turn all of those positives (and others) into negatives. If Bush had failed more, it is likely we'd be better off today than we are. By contrast, Obama inherited a crock of shit, courtesy of Bush/Cheney, and if he utterly fails, the country will suffer more as well. I don't expect the radical right to understand this because they have demonstrated so little in the way of understanding anything at all thus far but that's the situation nonetheless.

I think more than a few on the right have demonstrated that they couldn't care less if America fails, as long as they get rich beforehand and then move to Europe or New Zealand. There are also radical Christians who see this as the end times and they want America to fail to hasten the end so they can be Raptured up to Heaven. Not everybody on the right is oblivious to the damage that's been done and still being done to America, they just don't care or they want it that way.

Anyone? Probably. But I'm seeing and hearing a lot more than one threat to Obama's life. The radical left focussed on trying to get impeachment proceedings started against Bush and Cheney. From the right, I'm hearing talk about coups and assassinations. That's not even apples and oranges, that's apples and toadstools.

For some reason the far right gets an awful lot of media attention: teabaggers, articles about coups, Rush Limbaugh, etc. This is my fault? I should just pretend this stuff isn't happening? Don't think so.

#12     Oct 14, 2009
  3. I certainly wouldn't (couldn't) say that ALL consrvatives are stupid: George Will, Milton Friedman, Kristol, a few others. But I can say that ALL stupid people are conservative.

I have NEVER met a LIBERAL (I'm not saying 'Democrat'), a LIBERAL who wasn't better educated and more intelligent than the average citizen. Liberalism requires you to think beyond yourself and beyond the cozy boxes that we all build for ourselves.

#13     Oct 14, 2009
  4. +1

there's more than a couple dumbazzes posting this thread.. uhhhh TL, FT

two real winners there

:D

#14     Oct 14, 2009
  5. What a crack up...

You make a "what if" statement, and then cannot answer it...

Then you completely ignore when you illogical statements are pointed out...

Son, turn off the Fox News...

#15     Oct 14, 2009
  6. Well, the creator of this post makes at least one. Do you really want to test the concept that all liberals are more intelligent? You somehow think that liberals always graduate and go to college?

And the fact that you have not met them basically must mean that you have been shut up since you were hatched.

I have met an endless supply of idiots bearing Liberal. Absolutely endless. Endless. Endless. It was liberals who dreamed up multi-generation welfare families. And Social Security - which may bankrupt us yet. An entitlement mindset to take from the haves and give it to the have nots. And ever wonder why the unions so regularly vote Democrat (and thus mostly, "liberal?) - those unions who have effectively killed off the big 3 automakers and countless other jobs with the concept that $60/hour is a fair wage for semi-skilled labor?

Ever take statistics? Your assertions that ALL or NEVER are considered the most brainless of assertions Remember basic multiple choice/True-False on exams? Anytime you see something like "Always", there is almost guaranteed to be exceptions and the statement is likely wrong? Or did you never take any classes? Logic?

#16     Oct 14, 2009
  7. what you poppin but i only want a half doze :D

#17     Oct 14, 2009
  8. You are correct: i've never met a LIBERAL who didn't graduate from college. Talk to any union worker: they're as conservative as Archie Bunker (youngsters can google the name if necessary). Union workers vote Democrat because they know that is the party that best serves workers. Not because they support all 'liberal' policies.

Stop perpetuatijng that bullshit that 'union workers' caused the Big 3 auto companies to fail !!! It was piss poor management that got fat, lazy, and lost all imagination by their cushy 250K - million safety guaranteed salaries. MANAGEMENT, in general CONSERVATIVES, destroyed the auto industry.

As far as Social Security is concerned: you need to consider the many MILLIONS of people who have benefited. For 90% of the public, maybe even you, Social Security is the absolute BEST investment they have ever made. By the end of the 3rd year of receiving SS you have gotten back EVERY SINGLE PENNY that YOU ever contributed. It is indexed for inflation and it pays no matter how long you live. A good share of SS payments that you make ALSO provide INSURANCE for YOU and YOUR FAMILY in case your die or get disabled.

If it is your desire to see SS eliminated then you are in for a long hard life: it ain't never gonna happen.

#18     Oct 14, 2009
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

10. JDL

JDL

god bless you for speaking the truth, about time. :cool:

#20     Oct 14, 2009