The only TA I can find to explain it

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Babak, Sep 6, 2005.

1. kut2k2

kut2k2

smoothed daily return.

#11     Sep 7, 2005
  2. Babak

Babak

Could you give a bit more explanation? smoothed how? what are you trying to show in the graph? etc...

#12     Sep 7, 2005
  3. kut2k2

kut2k2

blackbox smoothing. T3 should be comparable. When the velocity is above the zero line, it's a long signal; short for below the zero line.

#13     Sep 7, 2005
  4. Could you fill us in on "blackbox smoothing"?

#14     Sep 7, 2005
  5. Here is another view of market activity.

Since late April, the DOW has been bouncing off the 76% retracement levels. Apparantly, it is at this level that people are willing to pump money into the market as long as the overall sentiment view is bullish.

Charles

#15     Sep 7, 2005
  6. kut2k2

kut2k2

#16     Sep 7, 2005
  7. Babak

Babak

Charles,

that's an interesting take. How did you happen to notice it?

kut2,

I'm still not really sure what the chart is or what its supposed to be saying. If + means long, then it was long into the downtrend and later entered long again after the rally.

#17     Sep 7, 2005
  8. Just taking a look back at the past, and the signal bottom spikes below the yellow line, the market was just oversold enough too be time for the move.... Do you think it will continue and be a strong move up from here....:confused:

[​IMG]

#18     Sep 7, 2005
  9. Babak,

It is just one of the things that I analyze on daily charts. Typical retracements during short term trends seldom retrace more than 76%. If the retracement stays within the 50 - 76% range, the trend has a good chance of continuing. Also, last week, the
    Rydex Cash Flow Ratio was indicating an oversold condition.

Trendtrade,

Nice chart. I wish I was smart enough to know if this trend will continue. Watch for pivot point breaks.

Charles

#19     Sep 7, 2005
  10. Charles,

I wish I had a crystal ball :D The total market index is looking strong and the NYSE broke out too new highs yesterday, it might have a chance...

#20     Sep 7, 2005