The one thing we dont need to hear

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by mcelitetrader, May 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. I certainly hope this is true - we will see tomorrow morning, but we never know, considering how they've told us we'd start trading again every single day.

Even so, HLV has got to start paying us on time! It is getting really annoying being lied to and having to chase after our checks every month. It also doesn't give me any confidence in HLV's financial situation when we have to pull teeth to get our checks, only to have it come 2 to 3 weeks late. If that is not fixed in the next few months, I will certainly be trading elsewhere.

Anyway, cheers - here's to hoping!

#31     May 4, 2006
  2. sowsaw

sowsaw

Well of course if you have 6 accounts and one little measly one with HLV it wont affect you.

The fact of the matter is alot of traders dont have multiple accounts they only have one with HLV and they depend on that one account for there livlihood.

HLV keeps letting them down. I hope they all leave and find a more stable home this is America and in America we have choices.

#32     May 4, 2006
  3. We are trading again at HLV. Glad their word was the truth this time. The checks came in too.

Now, they have to make sure they send out their checks on time every time, and HLV would actually be a good place to trade!

#33     May 6, 2006
  4. Jduce

Jduce

Hey LU TRADER, one day your doging HLV the next day your licking them make up your mind are you short or long HLV. Anyway seeing that your last post was at 2:30 am you must have knocked back a few if you think HLV is a good firm to trade for.

#34     May 6, 2006

5. I've chosen to step back out of this discussion, after my initial comment, letting things take the natural course. .... But, when I read about "getting paid on time"...what in the world are you talking about? Unless I'm mistaken, you guys aren't salaried employees, or hourly employees are you??? Isn't it your money in your accounts? Why can't you simply draw money twice a week if you want to????? Hell, you can go to Bank of America every day with your ATM card, because it's "YOUR MONEY" - why would anyone let someone else keep their cash??

I can draw $$ from Goldman Sachs hourly if I want to (actually daily, but I can have multiple draws per day if need be)....and offer the same to my traders...automatic transfers to their bank accounts whenver they ask....(Tues/Thursday every week if desired)...I just don't understand why business people would tolerate this....

Perhaps I'm mis-understanding the comment, if so, let me know. .

All the best,

Don

#35     May 6, 2006
  6. With all due respect to the HLV traders, and Mr. Vaccaro, whom I met in my office a few years back.....would anyone tolerate going to their bank and being told that "well, we can't give you "YOUR" money at this time"..?? If that's not a red flag, then what does it take...??? First off, the stock price is pennies at best, then they can't give money to their people....If the Enron shareholders had this type of "caution sign" a few years ago, then they would not be in the position their in now.

If Mr. Vaccaro would like to PM me with some rationale for all this, then I will be glad to discuss the situation......for now, "let your common sense be your guide"....

(and, FWIw, most HLV traders would not become Bright Traders anyway, I'm simply speaking to the situation at hand).

Due diligence, common sense, my friends...

Don

#36     May 6, 2006

7. lmao!! No no, I was not wasted when I posted that. Wasn't high or stoned either.

Let me explain my rationale. I am knocking HLV because of their problems, which in my opinion are mainly not sending out checks on time according to their promise, and lying constantly about all sorts of things. But if they fix these two problems, there would be nothing to complain about, see? So to answer your question, Jduce, I am like Kerkorian with GM, or Icahn with Time Warner..."long" on HLV while pushing them to make changes for the better.

If they consistently send checks on time from now on, and are honest about what is happening always AND maintain the way we have reasonable buying power, a fair commission rate, decent software, etc. then really, I would be satisfied. I mean, just in general, if everything that is wrong with something gets fixed, then one would be satsified, no? Really, HLV does have some good things going for them, which I will get to in a bit, but first, let me address Don Bright's concerns....

HLV promised to send out checks on the 25th of each month. When I signed up, I agreed to that (but as we all know now, they haven't been honouring that promise because they are often significantly late with sending them out). I come from a background of prop trading where I didn't have to put up any money at all. So I think of trading as a job where I receive a paycheck every month. I decided to put in $5,000 at HLV because of the higher payout. I think of the $5,000 as a security deposit for them because we are using their money to trade. When I put in that money, I knew I was taking a risk of never seeing the $5,000 again - my mentality was that if I kept up my trading performance, then I would make good money every month, enough to cover the $5,000 many times over so that if they went under one day, I wouldn't actually care that much about my 5 grand.

Now, going back to why HLV has some good things going for them...I would love to trade at a firm where you can take out your money anytime you want, and where their financial situation is completely solid, and where you get 100% payout. However, firms that satisfy these requirements can't offer something that HLV offers: a low commission per trade. If anybody can find a place that offers commission of $1 or lower per trade, and has all of the qualities mentioned above, I'd love to know about it!

#37     May 6, 2006
  8. sowsaw

sowsaw

Wow,

Here is a post from HLVCEO charlie on another thread

"I am pleased to announce that we have been invited to ring the opening bell at the NASDAQ Stock Exchange. As soon as a firm date has been set I will notify all of you to witness this event."

This man is either incompetent or has no concept of reality.
    All his traders have thrown in the towel or are on the fence ready to leave his frim and this clown comes on line to tell us he will be ringing the bell. Who cares you should be addressing your traders concerns and why they are leaving your frim for your competitors.

I guess its your good business skills that got you this far Charlie I wish you go on the apprentice so the Donald can fire you. because thats what u deserve hopefully your traders will realize regardless what you offer them the agrevation of dealing with a frim like HLV is just not worth it.

Good luck to all HLV traders.

LU Trader FYI there is other firms that can offer you same rates and cheaper. Here is one Genesis you can trade for $1 and get professional service get paid when u want and sleep good at night.

Last I want to finish by thanking Don Bright for standing up for traders who may have been taking advantage of or held hostage by a deposit at HLV.

Don thanks for the education and your comment this community needs more people like you.

#38     May 6, 2006
  9. I think Don for years has done a good job of representing his firm respectfully and honorably. More principals should be following his lead.

#39     May 6, 2006
  10. alanm

alanm

It's bad enough not being able to get your money because of a capital pinch or whatever, but I'm amazed that I never see disciplinary action against anyone for lying. To me, that's a fundamental part of fiduciary responsibility - to tell the truth. I'd like to see the SEC focus on nailing a few people hard. I'll bet it happens hundreds of times a day.

#40     May 8, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.