The one thing we dont need to hear

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by mcelitetrader, May 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I understand a ton of guys are looking else where. We had a bunch enquire today.
    gl to all
    momo

#11     May 3, 2006
  2. Looks like you had the right intuition but there was nothing you could do about it by that point. And yeah -- those are glaring signs. Although if it's regarding a margin call you'd expect it was something recent, not a month ago, unless it's not about margin at all.

I'm sure a lot of people will be curious to know what happens.

#12     May 3, 2006
  3. I agree with the signs of trouble except for the switching software part. Why would that signal a bad event. Firms switch due to technology shifts. What did they change to/.from?

#13     May 3, 2006
  4. For those that traded w/ HLV in 2005, did you receive your K1?

#14     May 3, 2006
  5. Why do people continue to trade at these shit shops?

Real simple--- Trade with Assent, Bright, Genesis, IB, etc.

Stop trading with tiny bullshit firms and go with the big houses where your money and your career are safe.

#15     May 3, 2006
  6. mcelitetrader

mcelitetrader ET Sponsor

Hey longhorn

I'm going to namedrop.......Just listen in.... ever hear of Barings Bank....ever hear of Refco....what about Drexel....Im not even going to open up the Japanese banking meltdown. "Big Houses" as you say that collapsed faster than a tower of cards.

Get off your high horse. As if I need to be told that I'm in a bad situation.

Why is this board so full of people just like you. If comments arent going to add to the knowledge level then keep them to yourselves. Seriously......

#16     May 4, 2006
  7. How much capital of yours do they have?

#17     May 4, 2006
  8. Sometimes I wish there was more regulatory control over this industry and several lawfirms out there that will go to the mat for traders when faced with firms screwing the little guy out of his money. It seems inordinately dangerous for traders who join up with these firms -- who give great services (mainly leverage) -- but contractually pass all of the risk off, with extra risk that no one can control (like a firm blowing up), onto people who make a good living and provide profits for the firm but have no real ability to defend themselves.

I'm not saying HLV is gonna screw anyone over. Just that if it does, it sucks way harder for the traders than anyone else.

#18     May 4, 2006
  9. HLVCE02

HLVCE02

I understand a ton of guys are looking else where. We had a bunch enquire today.
    gl to all
    momo
    =====================================

Momo (aka: Goldie) who are u kidding here. Your on this board wishing us luck with our money and u have had issues with money and traders not being paid yourself.

Listen, us traders are tired of being taken advantage of from firms like HLV and Goldie lucky for boards like this we can warn other traders about you.

To all traders unless your desperate stay away from HLV and Goldie.

Swift, Genisis, Avatar seem to be the most reliable at the moment.

#19     May 4, 2006
  10. About to sleep but my bet's this guy's a shill for some firm called Avatar with few traders, trying to scoop up HLV evacuees.

#20     May 4, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.