The One-Star Fairies

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by blowingup2012, Apr 24, 2012.

1. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

The issue is that in most other websites, a star rating is used to rate the technical merits of the information in the thread. The problem on Elite is that there are small groups who immediately assign stars to a thread based on if they like or dislike the author without any regard to the technical merit of the information contained in the thread. Most of these people have multiple ids and therefore "vote" for stars usually within minutes of a new thread being posted.

This means that stars are effectively useless on EliteTrader for evaluating the quality of information in a thread. The only possible way to improve the situation is to limit voting to one rating per IP address.

#11     Apr 25, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Again, out of curiosity, how do you know this?

#12     Apr 25, 2012
  3. Is there anyway to simply confine Lucrum back to his old Politics and Religion section? How did he escape? Im reading some of his essays of mastery now about how atheists shouldnt breed and Obama 2008.

#13     Apr 25, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

You mean so no one asks to see your trading tickets?

Weren't you going to put me on ignore? Do it, problem solved.

#14     Apr 25, 2012
  5. Great points.
    Then I suggest to get around the idiots with multiple alias abuse is to have ET accounts with a longer registration date and post combination have a heavier rating 'gavel' when they click that 'rate this thread'.

#15     Apr 25, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

While it makes little difference to me one way or the other, I'd rather have individual member ratings.
    Maybe a 10 vote minimum before it shows, and a minimum number of posts before being eligible to vote. At least 50 and preferably 100.

#16     Apr 25, 2012
  7. Why does this website attract so many delusional characters. I dont understand it. Its about trading and thats all it should be. Make some good solid calls, share a strategy and make some money or maybe lose some. I have no idea why we put up with the daily psychosis.

#17     Apr 25, 2012
  8. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Because that's the way people are. Step foot on a real trading floor on a real exchange and then tell me how pleasant everybody is. You'll find that ET is actually a quite accurate representation of reality.

#18     Apr 25, 2012
  9. BSAM

BSAM

A few quick points:

1. The rating system is a sham.

2. The ignore function is only for dysfunctional people and shouldn't even exist. It's only more entertainment to read the thoughts of some who show up here. Really.

3. Real men don't put people on ignore.

4. The ignore feature actually was implemented for people like Lucrum.:p
    (Just kidding, Lukie.)

#19     Apr 25, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Like YOU?

#20     Apr 25, 2012