The One-Star Fairies

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by blowingup2012, Apr 24, 2012.

1. What is with the one star fairies? I take the time to post on this site with thoughtful and creative posts and there are people out there who just hit the one star. Thats obnoxious.

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

We have set up so that you won't get a one star rating unless several people vote that way initially. So it's not just one person doing it in case you're wondering.

3. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Actually, usually it is the same person who has 10 different user ids. Maybe it is time to limit "star voting" to one vote per IP address.

4. BSAM

BSAM

Maybe it's time to eliminate "star voting".

5. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

That would be the best solution. At this point it is nearly meaningless.

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Have you considered the possibility that not every one agrees about your self proclaimed "thoughtful and creative posts"?

Really? How would you know this for a fact if you don't mind me asking?

7. A little known secret is that Baron created the ignore fuction for people like Lucrum. For the last 10 years, Lucrum has posted 6-7 posts a day to this forum and most of them annoying and harassing legitimate users.

Im going to add Lucrum to my list right now.

8. Max E.

Max E.

I just gave this thread 1 star and right after i finish this post im going to to put YOU on ignore, so i guess it all balances out......

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Baron told you this himself did he? And you've only been here a month. You must have made a real impression.
    More like 8 1/2 but who's counting.
    :D

[​IMG]

10. Seriously, the rating of threads is a great idea. It makes the search function that much easier and valuable...as in having the option to sort on rating of all threads in the Technical Analysis forum for example (over all years). The rating of all and especially older 'gem' threads should be encouraged.

Suggestion however is to not hide the rating at the bottom of the page - does not encourage readers to use it. Too hard to find, maybe the user stumbles across it.

Place the rating at the top of the page - encourages people to actually use it.

#10     Apr 24, 2012