The One Great Quality In Successful Great Traders!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tradingjournals, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Consistent profits for atleast 10 years.

#41     Nov 2, 2010
  2. A keen sense of smell. I can smell a good setup. :D

#42     Nov 2, 2010
  3. Rufanuf

Rufanuf

I dont think thats accurate! Thats something the markets do for you isnt it?

#43     Nov 8, 2010
  4. ammo

ammo

belief in yourself

#44     Dec 11, 2010

5. To have hand in bush and she think you're a gardener - that be the the greatest quality of a successful trader.

#45     Dec 11, 2010
  6. Can't pin it down to ONE quality

#46     Dec 13, 2010
  7. No.Heat

No.Heat

The skill varies depending on which stage you are in and since ones greatness might be an illusion to the eyes of the neophyte I will break them down by stages.

In the learning years:

Trading no money and just studying the markets for signals with positive expectancy without risking a single penny because you lack an edge and understanding of the markets.

In the beginning years:

Trading only the above found positive expectancy signals with very little cash, sim lacks the emotion cash will deliver, as you work out your discipline.

In the intermediate years of profitability:

Trading only the signals you traded in the beginning years but with substantial more cash, as you continue to perfect your discipline.

In the advanced years of profitability:

Doing what you did on the intermediate years but with even more cash on the line and more instruments simulatenously looking with now, a better trained eye for additional signals just like you did in the beginning years.

Ego or lack of ego has nothing to do with profitable trading. I have a huge ego and it does not hurt my trading one bit. It's all about having an edge and solid discipline whether you have an ego that interferes with your discipline, that's your problem and the chemistry cannot be generalized.

NH

#47     Dec 13, 2010
  8. plan>>brief>>execute>>debrief

#48     Dec 13, 2010
  9. gucci

gucci

knowing that you know=>tranquility

#49     Dec 13, 2010

10. Excellent point, but totally violated at ET because one can smell the subwoofer even on approach to the cave and usually well in advance - Eingang verboten, meine Damen und Herren. Es ist besser zu warten nach dem duschen und dann und nur dann, gehst du ESSEN und BUMSEN.

Viel Gluck (too fckin lazy to plug in the unlaut)

#50     Dec 13, 2010