The One Great Quality In Successful Great Traders!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tradingjournals, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Daal

Daal

They found an edge

#11     Aug 17, 2010
  2. Imagination preceding reality:
    When two existing perceptions (thesis and antithesis) are combined within the mind, a third perception (called synthesis) is formed. At this point, perception only exists as part of the imagination and can become the inspiration for a new technique.

#12     Aug 17, 2010
  3. They never come to ET and waste time...

#13     Aug 17, 2010
  4. LeeD

LeeD

I am with you on this one. It is impossible to predict reliably what exactly is going to happen. So, a trader has to patiently wait till sufficient odds are in his/her favour.

#14     Aug 17, 2010
  5. #15     Aug 17, 2010
  6. +1

Most important, by far.

#16     Aug 17, 2010
  7. Ive been trading a long time. Ive done very well financially. All the deep pocket traders that I know that make more than 1 mill per year always have the same core values. Here they are:
    1. Discipline
    2. Patience
    3. Adaptable to all markets
    4. Money Management

#17     Aug 17, 2010
  8. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Qualities (behavior characteristics) that are common amongst successful traders are usually the same qualities for success in any other profession. Simply, use google to look at qualities of success and you'll see a common theme. Also, many self-improvement books, articles, dvds, seminars by folks that try to instill these qualities in people...all that stuff that some folks call psycho voodoo although I strongly disagree that it doesn't help. Thus, the mental aspect (behavior needed to succeed) of any profession is very important to me.

Here are some of my favorite qualities for success I've seen discussed by successful traders, athletes, political leaders, musicians, artists, entrepreneurs et cetera:

(I only named a few out of dozens)

* Time Management Skills

* Commitment

* Cooperation of Family

* Positive Attitude

* Resilient

My point is that if you want success as a trader...the qualities (behavior characteristics) you seek is no different than someone else that wants success in any other profession.

Last of all, I've been noticing a lot of these types of "how to self-improve" types of threads at various trader forums the past few years. Is it possible that traders are starting to figure that if they want success and longevity in the trading...they themselves as a person is arguably the most important first step towards success.

You

Mark

#18     Aug 17, 2010
  9. Celine

Celine

I think one of the greatest qualities of successful traders is controlling emotions

#19     Aug 17, 2010
  10. But zat twill make youse a contrell phreakk, which nosebody lykez zoo bii areund...

#20     Aug 17, 2010