The Old Fart Thread

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by oldschool, Oct 6, 2007.

1. cstfx

cstfx

DOH! 20 yrs later and I still make the same mistake.

Anyone remember a clearing firm (my first) called Fossett for small traders and locals?

#21     Oct 7, 2007
  2. some on et seem to think trading is a sexy young dude's game. there was a 90yo trader on the nyse being interviewed on 60 minutes (or was it prime time). he was dancing on the stock exchange floor with the female interviewer and did'nt miss a step.
    think you can trade like him?

#22     Oct 7, 2007
  3. Surdo

Surdo

The NYSE does not have locals bro, they are called "Two Dollar Broker's". No big deal, just a formality.

el surdo

#23     Oct 7, 2007
  4. They are? I understand they make more money than ever as "financial advisors".

Just glad I don't have to talk to a broker/trader anymore to get an order in:D

#24     Oct 7, 2007
  5. I believe he is referring to the CBOT.

#25     Oct 7, 2007
  6. Surdo

Surdo

He was talking about Harry's, and that is in Hanover Square, let's give him a chance to reply.

I just want to keep the Milli Vanilli MP3's organized.

#26     Oct 7, 2007
  7. cstfx

cstfx

On the Amex, where Fossett's NY business centered (they were primarily a clearing firm for options) we were also known as locals. It's not just a term for the future pits. Options didn't trade on the NYSE.

Semantics, Some antics.

#27     Oct 7, 2007
  8. cstfx

cstfx

Fossett was a member Clearing firm on the CBOE. They also cleared option trades on the Amex.

#28     Oct 7, 2007
  9. I assumed you were talking about Lakota.

#29     Oct 7, 2007
  10. Surdo

Surdo

Cool, more importantly what do you think of the AUDUSD?

#30     Oct 7, 2007