The Obama crash continues

Discussion in 'Politics' started by stock_trad3r, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Bush will go down as Herbert Hoover II, but worse because of his war mongering.

...and I don't believe for one moment that Bush really gives a shit that he has ruined our country.

He will go back to pulling weeds in Texas, which is where he belonged the past 8 years, not at POTUS.

#11     Nov 21, 2008
  2. Yannis

Yannis

The country was doing great, wrt bills passed, economy and defense - until the Dems took over the Congress in 2006. Of course, most historians (college professors) are liberal, so who knows what lies they will write.

Then the Democratic Congress destroyed the economy, blamed Bush, and on that basis Obama won the 2008 elections. Nice plan, well executed, too bad.

Now the guy with the big ears will push us all to jump out of the frying pan and into the fire, 4 years of Carter II. The recent response of the markets is the first dose of that. Wait until we see Dow at 5000 in a couple of months and things turn to real ugly.

But, don't worry, in 2010 the Repubs will take back the Congress and 2 short years after that, the White House, again... maybe, hopefully, if it's not too late ... :)

#12     Nov 21, 2008
  3. fhl

fhl

He's tried just about everything that liberals have recommended. No wonder it didn't work.

[​IMG]

#13     Nov 21, 2008
  4. Get real.

#14     Nov 21, 2008
  5. bxptone

bxptone

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I thought it was Paulson, Bernanke and Bush, the 3 stooges as I like to call em, that came running to congress BEGGING them for the bailout!?? That's the way I remember it. I thought it was them that were telling the democratic congress WE NEED THE BAILOUT NOW. And we need to spend it on this that and the third. Im sorry the liberals did that? I HATE WHEN PEOPLE MAKE SHIT UP.

Then the 3 stooges when on to change the bailout plan, noone knows what the hell is going on with TAXPAYER MONEY anymore.

The democrats were stupid enough to fall for the garbage.

#15     Nov 21, 2008
  6. Listen you f-cking hypocrite losers... the guy has not even been sworn in yet and you retards keep blaming the wrong fucking person. If you had ONE OUNCE of intellect, integrity and rational thinking in your brain you would be angry at BUSH!!!!!! Yep BUSH. That's right. THIS is continued fall-out from the horse's-ass-moron who lead this country disgracefully for 8 years!

Damn why do I even check in with this forum now... it's the same retarded usual suspects with the same low level irrational thinking........... beating the same dead horse! You guys, seriously, have some significant mental issues to keep blaming a guy who has not even been sworn in yet! So WHEN things start geting better... and the market goes higher............. which IT WILL.... you losers will be nowhere to be found.... you will not issue mea culpas to Obama? Wll you!

F-king redneck facists anti-american losers!

LMAO

#16     Nov 21, 2008
  7. On September 15 2008 McCain was at his highest point and climbing.

[​IMG]

On September 15 2008 the stock market crashed.

Published: September 15, 2008
    Fearing that the crisis in the financial industry could stun the broader economy, investors drove stocks down almost 5 percent Monday, sending the Dow Jones industrial average and Standard & Poor’s 500-stock index to their lowest levels in two years....

With Lehman filing for bankruptcy and A.I.G. in distress, investors were worried that consumers and companies would have difficulty getting loans.

It's quite obvious that the stock market collapsed when Obama's chances to win the elections were the lowest, it's quite obvious that it's the collapse of the financial industry and the stock market that resurrected Obama's prospects and eventually assured his victory, not the other way around.

#17     Nov 21, 2008
  8. 1. Multiple large volume Buy orders placed and matched rapidly caused the McCain market to move significantly above the previously prevailing market price by up to 10 pts.
    2. Multiple large volume Sell orders placed and matched rapidly caused the Obama market to move significantly below the previously prevailing market price by up to 9 pts.
    3. The market prices of the contracts then seemed to represent discrepancies between overlapping Intrade markets, and also between Intrade markets and similar markets on other platforms for some time thereafter.
    http://www.intrade.com/jsp/intrade/misc/blog/#jd_1

#18     Nov 21, 2008
  9. Isn't that how the market moves? Large buy orders do tend to move it up and vice versa. LOL, I did not realize that conservatives would be as prone to conspiracy theories the moment they lose an election just like liberals usually are.

Seriously though, on September 15 when the financial industry collapsed and the stock market crashed McCain was experiencing a major post-convention bounce, he was up in polls, he was up on Intrade. Obama's victory on that specific date appeared significantly less likely than on any other day during the last two years. Claiming that the market crash was caused by the anticipation of Obama's victory is a complete revision of history. It's the collapse of the market that gave a second wind to his faltering campaign.

#19     Nov 21, 2008
  10. One buyer on Intrade was moving McCain as much as 10pts higher in Dublin than he was trading on the Iowa market.

Why don't you print an Obama Intrade chart from May with an SPX chart underneath it? Then tell us what you perceive the serial correlation between the two.

#20     Nov 22, 2008