The numbers are getting better and better for Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Feb 6, 2012.

1. See above post,sorry to ruin your day :(

#11     Feb 7, 2012
  2. There's no way to know what Obama's approval rating will be, or anything else, nine months from now. Things can change dramatically in a week, a month or nine months. The first President Bush had approval ratings of 80% after Desert Storm. A year later his approval ratings had fallen to under 50%.

Over 70% of incumbent Presidents get re-elected, but nine months is a long time. Anything can happen.

#12     Feb 7, 2012
  3. With Bush 1 the economy was on a downturn and the biggest factor was Ross Perot imo.Without Perot I think Bush gets re elected

I agree anything can happen but Romney is so flawed things would have to turn catastrophic for him to win imo

#13     Feb 7, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Read my post again:

"Assuming he has the fortitude to face reality, which I doubt."

#14     Feb 7, 2012
  5. Crispy

Crispy

Romney paid 14%? Must be nice. I paid 30.6% for 2011. Fucking a...

#15     Feb 7, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Ok, but before you get upset, don't just look at the percentages! Keep in mind, based on the concept of marginal utility, what he paid was dollar for dollar a LOT less painful than what you paid.

#16     Feb 7, 2012
  7. jem

jem

that is why there should be no income tax and a smaller govt.

That way you get to keep dollars which mean more to you than romney... get it.

#17     Feb 7, 2012
  8. Ricter

Ricter

Well, I guess if large numbers of Americans are to be stuck under the table battling each other over scraps, then yeah, make the scraps a bit bigger. :D

#18     Feb 7, 2012
  9. Tom B

Tom B

Congratulations on having an excellent year. A 30.6% effective federal income tax rate puts you in the top 1%.

#19     Feb 7, 2012
  10. Crispy

Crispy

Fed, state and local gets me there. But thanks for the well wishes anyways!..lol

#20     Feb 7, 2012