The NRA Eats It Own.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by L-Kabong, Dec 17, 2012.

1. BSAM

BSAM

Old...hmmm...I'm wondering if maybe dementia is setting in, and you just don't see it.
    Do you think so?

#21     Dec 18, 2012
  2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Tough Guy eh? That is pretty tall and a pretty lean weight for that height. Probably you run or cycle?

Not the fighting type here... Only one altercation in my entire adult life and I wasn't hauled in or charged. A guy uttered a racial epithet at the ethnic girl I was out with in a Little Tokyo restaurant . The staff saw the whole thing and told the cops. The guy was ok too. I heard he had his jaw wired up for a short time but I don't know that for certain. I did hear something break though. I half expected a lawsuit but nothing happened. (shrug)

Now I'm old enough now that things might go badly for me, I get injured just sleeping the wrong way. The funny thing about getting older is that you slow down, aren't as strong but that is somewhat offset by the increased pain threshold experienced by people as they get older and I've always had a good jaw and good traps (they help with preventing knockouts). I could probably take a shot or two. Potential fights seem to get defused when they get a look at me so it just doesn't come up.

The only time I've been knocked unconscious was on my road bike. It was back before indexed shifters and I was looking down and back at the cluster and adjusting my gear selection and ran into the back of a parked pickup truck. I woke up still on the bike but kind of wobbling along out in the middle of the street. When I went to turn the front wheel it hit the frame because the entire frame was bent and *then* I went down. My aluminum Trek was destroyed, coudn't be repaired. Had to carry it home in road cleats. I was pretty fond of that bike. I still get shit from friends for running into a parked truck. :)

I do get a chuckle when I see white guys talking smack about somebody because they are... white. Maybe they don't know how ridiculous that sounds when they say it.

#22     Dec 18, 2012
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

If dementia sets in in your early 40s, then it is possible. The only problem with your theory is that only you, and a few other left wing posters here would agree with it. So that doesn't exactly lead me to believe it is a probable prognosis.

#23     Dec 18, 2012
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Funny, I don't think I'm all that slim at 240 and 6'5". I could probably stand to drop a good 15 pounds to be where I should. Do the BMI calcs and they say I'm "obese" though there's just no way in hell I am obese, or even fat. I never understood that crap.

I do some biking, but not as often as I like - especially now that it gets dark by the time I'm home. I do take jujitsu classes, though, 4 times a week, and a sword class on Saturday. All of those are pretty vigorous.

#24     Dec 18, 2012
  5. BSAM

BSAM

IMO, you are very obstinate.
    You might want to get a professional opinion.
    Then again, maybe you're just under a lot of stress right now.
    I joke a lot with you, but I really wish you no harm.
    But, you do seem to be self-centered and you do seem to have a very poor attitude about most subjects.
    Just because others don't see things your way, doesn't mean they are wrong.
    Ya know what?...It doesn't mean you are wrong.
    But, remember, nobody is correct all the time...'cept for me, of course. :>)

#25     Dec 18, 2012
  6. BSAM

BSAM

Are you ignorant or do you just not recognize sarcasm?
    The size of a person isn't what makes a person a "tough" guy.
    I do ride a Trek, btw.

#26     Dec 18, 2012
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

My wife will be the first to tell you how often I am wrong.

No, I don't think I'm right about everything and I don't even involve myself in many of the topics here. But when I do interject myself is it usually when I see an argument that is being made on pure emotion with no substantial backing or evidence. It is usually when I call someone on it that they come back like you do, saying that I am self-centered (what exactly have I said that is self-centered, pray tell) or obstinate. But that's ok, it's human nature to respond like that when one is questioned and one doesn't have a solid argument to stand on.

Remember, you can feel anyway you want to feel. I can't tell you anything if you say "I feel this way". I have no right to tell you that you are wrong and I am right. But if you state something as fact, then I need to see proof. Again, not "you" in particular...but anyone.

#27     Dec 18, 2012
  8. The BMI charts are absurd. I used to be 6'5", but I have shrunk an inch as I've gotten older, and it didn't go to my dick. At 20 I weighed 205 lbs. of lean, mean fighting machine. Got good and fat in my late 30's and weighed in at 290. Got serious at 40 and held 230's for years. Past couple of years have been up and down, more up. I try to keep it aroud 250 or so, but I have to work at it to do that. Any laziness will add 10-15 lbs. in a blink at this age. 240 ain't anywhere near obese. 290 on the other hand is fat as hell. At age 60+ I'll take the 250's and be happy.

#28     Dec 18, 2012