The Noob's Delusion

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Joe Doaks, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Great reference, Clacy. More sellers of used than new tells you something.

#31     Feb 19, 2009
  2. I love such phrases. Saves much time about what to ignore.

#32     Feb 19, 2009
  3. clacy

clacy

Ya, plus just the fact that "complete idiot's guide" is in the title is all you really need to know. Anytime you want to become an expert at any particular topic, just pick up one of these babies and you're good to go......

#33     Feb 19, 2009
  4. Hey! Wanna join me in writing one called "Trading Wisdom from EliteTrader?"

#34     Feb 19, 2009
  5. Sorry, just bringing this back up to the top where I can find it. Needed it today to help ouit a noob. Referring noobs here seems to be an excellent new thread killer.

#35     Feb 27, 2009
  6. LOL, have a great weekend! :D

#36     Feb 27, 2009
  7. Joe,

A commendable effort and many certainly share your frustration on this point. But things will be back to the status quo in short order. People really live in denial and really don’t want to hear the truth and unfortunately won’t believe it (even if it is true).

Of course on the other hand, we should be happy so many believe the dream of easy money. That is where we get a lot of our money.

Good trading

BM

#37     Feb 27, 2009
  8. Excellent post Sir Joe. Unfortunately , for every fraudster/scammer, there are many noobs willing to believe. You can lead a horse to water............

The other "gem" of a post that I see here from time to time - started by noobs - goes something like this: "Do you think sharing successful strategies is bad? Or, why don't people share successful methods." Twats. :mad:

#38     Feb 27, 2009
  9. Thank you all for your support. Excuse me if am bitter, but I was once a noob, and you bitches wouldn't help me!

#39     Feb 27, 2009
  10. you guys are so full of crap saying how trading is different than anything in life blah blah blah ....its the same with anything in life actually...EXPERIENCE....dont try to put yourself high on the pedestal now..EXPERIENCE is everything...just like poker, you will do better after playing thousands of hands rather than just a few...

#40     Feb 28, 2009