The next tech talent shortage: quantum computing researchers

Discussion in 'Economics' started by dealmaker, Oct 29, 2018.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

The next tech talent shortage: quantum computing researchers
    [​IMG]
    It is a story that is being told repeatedly in the tech industry in the United States. As companies push into new technologies, they are finding it harder to identify qualified engineers and researchers. They are also facing tougher immigration rules for foreign-born tech experts and competing with tech centers in other countries. (SFGate)

2. TL;DR: they don't want to pay what is required to get someone interested, therefore there is a shortage. That's the only story that repeats in tech. Source: I am in tech, a couple of companies are built off my hard work and inventiveness and I had to struggle to get a >6 SD cut. I did get it, but tech is more art than science. Only the "web app" space is sufficiently commoditized to demand lower salaries.

3. Also: even chump ass programmers in Vietnam are asking for $60K USD these days, and they'll get it.

4. Cuddles

Cuddles

China and Israel probably leading the way here

5. d08

d08

"Chump ass" coders in the Philippines get $10k USD so I doubt what you say is true.

JesseJamesFinn1 likes this.
  6. The last two guys I hired from India and Vietnam both had similar pricing which was annualized to $60K. This isn't trivial stuff, it was for two separate C++ and Android OS development projects.