The Next Shoe to Drop: Insurance Companies

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Jumpshot, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Jumpshot

Jumpshot

2. Insurance companies make bad bets in the market just like the big banks. It’s amazing what risks one will take with other people’s money. Credit rating agencies are a complete fraud.

3. Is there an ETF for double short the insurance industry? :)

4. I didn't see anything in the article to explain the author's reasoning except some charts. Is there any information showing any specific insurers holding large risky investments or bad debts? As it is all I see from the chart/article is the stocks are in a down trend, how does he read in a collapse from this?

5. Jumpshot

Jumpshot

All you need to know is that price action is weak and the stocks are broken. All of the other fundamentals you dont need to know. Even if they were fully known, most of them would be misrepresented and skewed by the companies that publish them...

Price action is weak and broken with the trend being down. Thats all you need to know...

6. Thats right the companies will lie to your face. Remember Lehman and Bear. We are well capitalized blah blah blah.

7. Still don't see it, not yet anyway, year to date chart on MET wouldn't make me want to be long or short. I'm keeping an open mind while watching for the next crash or bubble. I made a little money during the subprime crash but got out way too early. Hope to do better this time, when and IF I can see the next trend or crash.