The next refco?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by zf trader, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Maybe your account with Goldie (the 10 million dollar one) gets good CS, but my CS experiences at Etrade and other brokers have always left me thinking that they were not the sharpest tacks in the house.

IB no worse than any of them, maybe a tad better overall.

#41     Oct 14, 2005
  2. Quote from zdreq:

I agree.

#42     Oct 15, 2005
  3. zdreg

zdreg

to personailze your response by mentioning my account at Goldie is unnecessary. i wonder what other very personal information about me that you know. thanks for the headsup. it gave me a nice weekend with the chickies:D

#43     Oct 16, 2005
  4. I only mentioned the account in your name, not the LLC and managed ones. Didn't want to get too personal.

#44     Oct 16, 2005
  5. How ironic.

You have a problem with someone personalizing a post on ET anddisclosing a professional relationship that you have, and yet see no issue whatsoever with another person on this website who obviously has an axe to grind regarding REFCO claiming to have specific knowledge about my clearing relationships, be they personal or professional, not too mention my tolerance to capital risk and my fiduciary responsibility to my clients.

You are without a doubt, a total hypocrite.

#45     Oct 16, 2005
  6. take a business trip to your brokerage firm's HQ. Arrive unexpected, but as a customer....

Inspect what you can, and see how your reception is by the lowliest of the staff (front desk people, etc....)....

then you will get some estimation of your quest....

#46     Oct 17, 2005
  7. zdreg

zdreg

Apex Capital

10-16-05 10:16 PM

Quote from zdreg:

to personailze your response by mentioning my account at Goldie is unnecessary. i wonder what other very personal information about me that you know.

How ironic.

You have a problem with someone personalizing a post on ET anddisclosing a professional relationship that you have, and yet see no issue whatsoever with another person on this website who obviously has an axe to grind regarding REFCO claiming to have specific knowledge about my clearing relationships, be they personal or professional, not too mention my tolerance to capital risk and my fiduciary responsibility to my clients.

You are without a doubt, a total hypocrite.

perhaps when you quote someone you should post the entire quote.

"to personailze your response by mentioning my account at Goldie is unnecessary. i wonder what other very personal information about me that you know. thanks for the headsup. it gave me a nice weekend with the chickies"

your lack of a sense of humor and name calling speaks volumes to what
    your character is made of.

#47     Oct 17, 2005
  8. PTrecon

PTrecon

GHCO the next REFCO?

#48     Oct 17, 2005
  9. zdreg, hard to belive ain't it?

#49     Oct 18, 2005
  10. zdreg

zdreg

stock777- this is hard to believe-jim rogers- http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/mar...47967.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA

somehow i believe jim will come out ok.

for the rest it is fully believable. wall street is made up of people who are nothing but"thieves in white shoes>"

what is bothersome is the delisting of securities by the nyse and the nasd turining these companies into bulletin board stocks because they have such high standards and don't wish to dirty their hands in unwholesome merchandise. first these firms bull these stocks and then they hand them over to their pink sheet people where they can make greater profits as the spread widens.

#50     Oct 18, 2005