The Next Leg Down?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Jahajee, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Mkt.Cap

Mkt.Cap

Mostly ES,YM and ER2. But I could do the same with Index-CFDs - which I suggest.

And just for the record: Futures are highly dangerous stuff for beginners. How about this: at least one year paper-trading futures and small medium-term positions in CFDs?

#51     Nov 30, 2008
  2. richrf

richrf

Thanks.

#52     Nov 30, 2008
  3. Most likely a high open tomorrow based on all the friday news and than a sharp downfall leading to new lows.

No surprise. It's called following the daily/monthly trend.

#53     Nov 30, 2008
  4. futures steadily recovering..time 2 load up all dips

even if market opens lower odds are it will be green within the first two hours and end the day up a couple hundred points at least. The days of 4%, 5%..7% selloffs are over because all the bad news is already priced in. Obama, Bush, paulson, and Ben are working together and doing a job job. The econ data and Black Friday data are also better than expected.

#54     Dec 1, 2008
  5. I don't know if it going down. But I'm still waiting for the market to decide and let it tell me.

Still no news yet.

:cool:

________________________________________________________________________________
    You watch the market -- that is, the course of prices as recorded by the tape -- with one object: to determine the
    direction -- that is, the price tendency. Prices, we know, will move either up or down according to the resistance
    they encounter. For purposes of easy explanation we will say that prices, like everything else, move along the line
    of least resistance. They will do whatever comes easiest, therefore they will go up if there is less resistance to an
    advance than to a decline; and vice versa -- Jesse Livermore
    <a href="http://turtlezilla.com/articles/38-steps_to_be_a_successful_trader" alt="38-steps to be a successful trader" style="color:#eeeedb; text-decoration: none; font-size:0px">38-steps to be a successful trader</a>

#55     Dec 1, 2008
  6. zdreg

zdreg

individuals will start to spend like crazy when they start to feel the currency is going to hell.
    your predictions have as much insight as that of a college student.

hyperinflation will be worldwide as the banking class looks to save themselves.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/108...wards-hyper-inflation?source=article_sb_picks

#56     Dec 1, 2008
  7. bgp

bgp

i agree .

bgp

#57     Dec 1, 2008
  8. richrf

richrf

We shall see, but I doubt that people are going on any spending spree any time soon. No money, no credit, no desire, no need. As for inflation, there is no sign of it anywhere - and probably will be no sign for many, many months to come. It is really almost impossible to gleam inflation in a deflationary environment. Watch gold. It is going nowhere.

Rich

#58     Dec 1, 2008
  9. Take note, ET'ers! The contrarian signal has spoken! We'll be green in the first two hours, and end the day up a couple hundred points - at least. With a track record of 99.99% wrong predictions, this man will make you money!

My personal favorite is the second to last sentence: ...working together and doing a "job job".

#59     Dec 1, 2008
  10. DOW currently down 4%.

Another one wrong.

#60     Dec 1, 2008