The next Jesse Livermore, Dimitri Balyasny and Dan Zanger: Atilla Demiray

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Port1385, Dec 13, 2008.

1. cornix

cornix

Funny, every time someone pimps "too good to be true" performance, it really is so and there's always some skeleton hidden in the closet. :D

Signal provider sites are full of such "superstars" making huge returns (for some time) by taking huge risks, not by being uniquely good traders.

#51     Sep 19, 2011
  2. you'd be wasting your time IMO. He could trade crashes but when the market bottomed he was calling a top every other day. He probably called 230 out of the past 3 we actually had. The market just kept on raging higher. IMO his strategy was in the right place at the right time. He was good when he was good, and an excellent guy to follow but once the market reversed he simply couldn't do it. Evilspeculator was the same way. I was hoping this wouldn't come but I stopped watching him in late 2009 because it started smelling of certain death.

#52     Sep 19, 2011
  3. KBaines

KBaines

He could trade crashes??? He was a *permabear* and never ever could provide any proof he was trading a real money account. There are names for vendors like him and it boggles my mind how lemmings who can't think for themselves flock to the likes of a Demiray. The prevalent personality on trading boards
    are the clueless looking for some greater force that will lead them to the promised land.

#53     Sep 19, 2011
  4. Ïèäàðàñû áëÿ íå ãîðîäèòå òóò õóéíþ ñóêè!

i mean athlon was right...

#54     Sep 19, 2011
  5. Finally hughrobi gets it. Athlon gets it too. Way to go. I wonder who you guys have been speaking to.:D

#55     Sep 19, 2011
  6. Attila's (what a name!) method can be described as "stubborn Elliot Wave with no tactical entry/exit plan". He and "Sol", after a period of few months of spectacular papertrading faked success, started a fee based forum and collected some $50,000 in fool's money, for 1-2 months during which they both blew up spectacularly their papertrading accounts, and lost all or most subscribers and followers. Madoff was smarter.

#56     Sep 19, 2011
  7. cornix

cornix

LOL, how sad, but typical for this business...

#57     Sep 19, 2011
  8. "Well known"...hahaha... I wouldn't even be sure his name begins with "A"....hehehe

Atilla Demiray

Atilla Demiray (born February 6, 1976) is a well-known Turkish-American trader, financial commentator and blogger. He is the inventor of xTrends - a technique to understand and predict movements in equities and financial markets.
    Biography
    Demiray was born in Kayseri, and grew up in Istanbul, Turkey. He earned bachelors and Master of Science degrees from Anadolu University, Turkey in 1996 and 1998 respectively. In 1998, at the age of 22, he came to America to continue his academic studies towards a PhD. Demiray then acquired a second Master of Science degree from Polytechnic Institute of New York University.
    Demiray's involvement in trading began in 1999 while working as a software engineer at Thermo Electron Corporation. He then developed a trading technique called xTrends. In 2004, he started his own research firm, Demiray&Co. Capital Sciences LLC - a Long Island based research and investment firm.
    One of Demiray's major successes was predicting the financial collapse of 2008 and quadrupling his money due to large short positions. Demiray uses xTrends, the technique he developed, to predict movements in equities and financial markets.

1. 01-08-2009 16:54
    Then he shorted from 700 to 1000 and blew his account to below zero.

09-12-2009 18:03
    He has been shorting the market since March 09
    and calling for a major decline from Dow 7700-10000.
    He constantly is calling for a crash and still expects
    one. He has never verified his degrees. He's just
    another blogger among hundreds of stock bloggers.

3. 11-06-2010 01:23
    he has a massive following of people who try and shadow his trades and market calls, only to lose money eventually. nothing of his is verified and whenever his calls are wrong (most of the time) he either does not post, blocks users from posting negative things, or makes up some excuse how 'it will happen eventually'.

nothing he does is transparent and never shows proof he is even a live trader trading real money.

etc, etc, etc, waste of time, etc.

#58     Sep 19, 2011