The next Jesse Livermore, Dimitri Balyasny and Dan Zanger: Atilla Demiray

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Port1385, Dec 13, 2008.

1. You're off, the NQ position is only down 740k (looking at what NQ is trading at right now). I think you used $50/pt instead of $20/pt. Just FYI, your point remains the same.

#41     Jul 1, 2009
  2. toc

toc

Wow! i was thinking this guy will be beating everyone left and right and here he is sitting on 90% drawdown.

Seems he forgot the basic rule of the markets that 'Price is the Master, and a Trader needs to follow the Master'.

Cannot develop ego and opinions and stick to them. As soon as the stop is hit accept it calmly and plan for next trade or signal.

:cool: :D

#42     Jul 1, 2009
  3. Term

Term

Thanks. You're right - I was using $50/point. I'm not a futures trader :)

So he is in a 65% DD right now

#43     Jul 1, 2009
  4. Sushi

Sushi

What a phony baloney. Internet makes financial Heroes out of anyone with verve and a penchant for lies. Post picture of someone elses boat. What a chucklehead.

#44     Jul 1, 2009
  5. stepan7

stepan7

Does anybody are following Atilla Demiray calls, performance?
    xtrenders.blogspot.com is by invitation only now.
    What was his latest calls?

#45     Sep 17, 2011
  6. It doesn't matter if his calls are right or wrong, trading your call before the confirmation is a sure fire way to blow an account. If ya keep jumping in front of the bus because you have a great track record of calling when it will go into emergency reverse, no matter how brilliant ya are, the bus will win.

His idea gets 10/10/. His understanding of it gets 3/10. Execution gets 0/10.

The whole reason for a prediction is to prepare for timely investigation and get an edge with early confirmation. Only ego and naivety jump in where fools love to tread.

#46     Sep 17, 2011
  7. lassic

lassic

Port1385 must have dropped off the face of the earth

#47     Sep 17, 2011
  8. KBaines

KBaines

Demiray was all hat and no cattle and there is doubt he ever traded a real money account. Had he traded real money he would have been bankrupt long ago. Just another hypster trying to reel in the suckers.

#48     Sep 17, 2011
  9. stepan7

stepan7

Do you know why?

#49     Sep 18, 2011
  10. stepan7

stepan7

I am rather interested in his method(s) not the actual calls.

#50     Sep 18, 2011