The next Jesse Livermore, Dimitri Balyasny and Dan Zanger: Atilla Demiray

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Port1385, Dec 13, 2008.

1. It could mean a number of things, but I'd rather not speculate. If he is trading futures for more than 12 people, I think he has to be licensed. And if he's licensed, that is public information as well as the track record of his managed fund.

#21     Dec 13, 2008
  2. toc

toc

'If he is trading futures for more than 12 people'

i think the limit is more like 15 people but then one cannot hold oneself out as a futures manager..........which Atilla might be doing by posting blogs although he does not solicit for fund there himself and let others spread the talking.

Still, the performance is phenonmenal and no wonder...........the best of the traders are those who have a) maths background and b) can program. This is very common in the big house trading desks where phd and scientists play around with models and get the probabilities on their side. :D

#22     Dec 13, 2008
  3. Pardon, but I did not realize NY had palm trees. Mr. Demiray's boat is currently for sale in Florida by a different individual. Perhaps the seller stole the picture from Mr. Demiray? It seems as though Mr Demiray is the owner of a picture of a 62-foot yacht:

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/1996-PRESIDENT-MARINE-Pilot-House-Motor-Yacht-93778007:D

#23     Dec 13, 2008
  4. The yacht pictured on Mr Demiray's page is actually called 'Audacious' not 'Moby Dick' and the picture on Mr Demiray's site does not belong to Mr. Demiray, he simply poached the picture from boattrader.com. Here is the stern-photo of the yacht, third picture in the series:

http://www.world-class-yachts.com/p...46936X12K13K2008J9I21I25JPMQ4674R0&veh=982503

#24     Dec 13, 2008
  5. Livermore....so u idolize this man. Went bankrupt 4 times, divorce 3 time and when he "dies" he died broke...but I guess it doesn't matter, after all one can't take his material riches with h"him"

#25     Dec 13, 2008
  6. Sure just like the geniuses from Long Term Capital.

Until I see anything to the contrary, his "performance" is hypothetical in the strictest sense of the word. Posting calls on a blog is a far cry from live trading.

Let him come here and enlighten us if I'm wrong.

#26     Dec 13, 2008
  7. ROFLMAO. Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about if you make a statement like the above.

There is a huge stench in this thread.

#27     Dec 13, 2008
  8. Port, you dope, you really will believe just about anything, won't you?

Atilla Demiray is an obvious fraud.

One more data point to add to the true picture:
    http://www.zillow.com/homes/map/91-LAKEWOOD-AVE.-11779_rb/

#28     Dec 14, 2008
  9. The address on the NYS corporation website was dated 2004. He admitted he went broke in 2001 and went back to engineering. Then who knows what happened from there. Did he make all the money back between 2004 and the current time? Who knows what that address is linked to? A cousin, an uncle, a friend? I did a search on zabasearch and couldnt find anything for that address.

The questions I have is why would the xtrends blogspot have no advertisements? The guy isnt pushing penny stocks but trading the ES and some other well known etfs. In one day in November, there was over 40,000 visits to the site when the market was really turning over.

The slope blogsite was ranked 70223 as of yesterday. That blog site was founded by Tim Knight, the founder of prophet charts and well known in the trading community. The xtrends blog was ranked 63863.

My point is that xtrends is a very popular well known blog, but there is no obvious method in which the authors are profiting from it. No ads, no links to commercial services, no pumping of low volume penny stocks, etc. Why waste all this time posting up charts and links if there is nothing to be gained from it?

The authors of xtrends could easily throw up google adsense ads and make at least a few grand a month from all the traffic. All the other trading blogs out there have ads and links to commercial pay sites, xtrends has none.

There are quite a few people out there who independently track his calls. The ranking on marketguru is from an independent person who is paper trading his market calls. He also has a reputation on other websites.

No, I dont believe everything I read on a website, but this guy is probably for real.

We'll see on Monday if the ES opens down 50 handles which is what his call for Monday is...He is predicting a crash down to the 500 level.

His obvious strategy is of the Dan Zanger variety. Front-running the trend and using max leverage. Zanger was just playing with stocks I believe. Atilla is playing with the ES and ultra etfs which are completely different animals. He doesnt daytrade, but gets on boat before the big move takes place. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

#29     Dec 14, 2008
  10. We'll see if this beast opens up 50 handles lower on Monday, I have a feeling it will...

The vix is forming a continuation triangle at the top on the weekly and setting itself up to go much higher to triple digits.

Price touched that upper red line three times. Three times is the charm. It didnt make it through on the third time now its time to fall and fall hard.

If it does fall and this guy is for real shorting the ES, then that is going to be an amazing profit...

[​IMG]

#30     Dec 14, 2008