The Next Great Mortgage Play: *AHM*

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by CalScholar, Mar 9, 2007.

1. TR,

It seems you'll be getting your price today.

Good luck! :)

#21     Mar 12, 2007
  2. Nice unrealized profit on AHM. I'm holding off covering for NEW's news release. If bankruptcy, $$$$$. If not, I lose a bit of the profits, but well worth the risk!

#22     Mar 12, 2007
  3. :p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D

#23     Mar 13, 2007
  4. 15 by close??

#24     Mar 13, 2007
  5. blast19

blast19

Don't know about that one...good call on it though. I think these sub-prime stocks are going to keep getting hammered even if the rest of the market turns up...there's no trying to save them now I don't think.

#25     Mar 13, 2007
  6. Ye of little faith...
    Just kidding.

15 was my 2 week target on this one. The problem is it's hard to hold a short for 2 weeks. Probably cover today, or otherwise put in a tight trail, even knowing this one will continue downward.

#26     Mar 13, 2007
  7. Mvic

Mvic

Good call Cal, thanks for putting it on my radar.

#27     Mar 13, 2007
  8. Actually, my 2 week wishful target, not expected one.

#28     Mar 13, 2007
  9. blast19

blast19

Get with it dude...buy PUTS...riskier but if it's conviction ye hath, delivereth the value to thou portfolio!

I bought a bunch of April Puts in CFC today...the CEO unloading his shares is far too sketchy for my liking and once LEND and NEW are out of the news CFC is the next stock to go probably...I can't imagine any scenario in which their CEO isn't being investigated for his timely sells...especially since he was selling while the company was operating a buy back.

Should have got on this bandwagon earlier.

#29     Mar 13, 2007
  10. No kidding. I picked up a handful of April 30s on CFC at 1.20 earlier this morning.

#30     Mar 13, 2007