The Next Bubble

Discussion in 'Economics' started by BlueHorseshoe, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Read Harpers February 2008, whole magazine was not too bad, being British l always find it hard that US has such decent quasi literary magazines, New Yorker,Harpers e.t.c. The media always gives us an impression that all you guys do is hunting,drive 8 litre
    SUVs and eat burgers with fries & syrup with 2 gallon soda cans. Yes British teeth are not exactly the best around...... :D

http://harpers.org/archive/2008/02/0081908

#31     Nov 27, 2008

2. Why China wants to inflate itself of the hole? It has lots of cash and owns a lot bonds, for which the worst thing is inflation.

#32     Nov 27, 2008
  3. I like the thought process, and approach. Would just suggest you take a look at Bonds' seasonal charts as I've found them good as clockwork for entries and exits.

If you are going to 'trade' a long-term trend, it helps to be adept in the shorter timeframes as well.

#33     Nov 27, 2008
  4. Because the communist regime would rather SURVIVE than max their portfolio returns.

You're missing the forest for the trees.

#34     Nov 27, 2008
  5. PaulRon

PaulRon

BONDS

#35     Nov 27, 2008
  6. in a shorter timeframe it looks like the ZB needs another test of its 130 panic spice and I would not surprised if it gets even higher. So for short term trading I would not short it now.
    But I have different approaches in different time frames.

#36     Nov 28, 2008
  7. Obviously, US Govt debt

The amount of debt issued by or guaranteed by the Federal Govt has literally gone parabolic in the past few years and months

#37     Nov 28, 2008
  8. What is the play on that, gold & silver?

#38     Nov 28, 2008
  9. Just gold, I think, but when, I don't know. I expect a devaluation of the dollar in the next years. Just like in 1933, except this time there is very little gold to back it with, and huge structural debt and deficit problems.

#39     Nov 28, 2008

10. is there any difference between what US is trying to do and what China is?

#40     Nov 28, 2008