The Next Bubble

Discussion in 'Trading' started by runningman, Aug 11, 2007.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

your barber, your aunt nor your gardner are telling you how much money they just made flipping a hot rod...perhaps when they do it is the making of the bubble....by then the burst is within the horizon...

#51     Aug 13, 2007
  2. I have 300 acres.

And I have a crop.:D

But I wouldn't call myself a farmer compared to my neighbors here in Idaho.

Boomers will continue the migration to cheap land. Rural areas will continue to appreciate in value. A bubble for farmland is not in the forseeable future. It may happen, but not in our lifetime. I think the midwest rural farmland(and the south) is looking in the face of an influx of boomers, consequently a shift in prices. I think that's a good place to buy land as speculation, especially around water. But I don't think it's a bubble. Just bullish.

I was born and raised in Idaho. I went to school at UW. I had a Yamaha/Kawasaki dealership in Seattle. I had a John Deere franchise there too. After moving back to the Sandpoint area in the 90's I saw people come here in droves from the cities. Seattle, Portland, L.A., San Fransisco, San Diego...selling their houses in the city for 10 times what they could buy that same house for in Idaho. That drove prices up. Now the natives can't pay their property taxes, especially if they live on the water. The only people that can afford to live on Lake Coeur d'Alene are John Elway and his buddies from Marshall Chesrown's Black Rock.

I think you will see this same scenario play out across the scenic rural areas of the U.S. They are already leaving Idaho for greener pastures. Utah and Montana have seen the same thing. The only cheap place to live left is in the midwest and southeast farmlands.

#52     Aug 13, 2007
  3. realestate is a great investment

#53     Aug 13, 2007
  4. Cold Fusion H.
    BioSolar C.
    Coal2Oil A.
    BacteriOil S.
    NanoH2releaser T.
    Anit-Neutron G.

#54     Aug 15, 2007
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

Health....the bubble is already gaining speed...

#55     Aug 15, 2007
  6. Whatever it is, it will be related to the masses amounts of retiring baby boomers.

#56     Aug 15, 2007