The Next Bubble

Discussion in 'Trading' started by runningman, Aug 11, 2007.

1. retro collectors of 80's toys

action figure futures!

#21     Aug 12, 2007
  2. erToo

erToo

Possibly raw materials - oil, metals, grains

#22     Aug 12, 2007
  3. <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7AMVFoDpdSc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7AMVFoDpdSc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

#23     Aug 12, 2007
  4. Next US bubble - healthcare.

Unpopped bubbles - British housing market, smaller US commercial real estate, and the hedge fund craze. China too - but hell if I can say what will pop it off.

#24     Aug 12, 2007
  5. toc

toc

why is that very important items like Bubbles are mostly missed even by most of the intelligent trend forecasters. Is that a main condition of a bubble, that initially investors do not realise that bull run is long term and when it actually is acknowledged, massive amounts of money is poured in and Bull run turns into a bubble.

#25     Aug 12, 2007
  6. lar

lar

military suppliers

#26     Aug 12, 2007
  7. dcvtss

dcvtss

After the first real breakthrough in green / non-hydrocarbon / sustainable energy, these new energy companies. Not talking about ethanol/wind/nukes/biodiesel anything now known.

#27     Aug 12, 2007
  8. classic and vintage cars.

Not a bubble yet, but the prices have been steadily rising for the last few years.

#28     Aug 12, 2007
  9. ptunic

ptunic

I think the Chinese economy as a whole (real GDP, real wages) will most likely continue to skyrocket for decades. Even if reforms slow down, what they already have in place is pretty impressive and they should continue to narrow the wealth gap over time.

On the other hand, the Chinese stock market is showing classic signs of full-blown mania.

#29     Aug 12, 2007
  10. With them printing paper currency at will and dropping it everywhere and the economy going into a nosedive anyway my guess is the next bubble will be dollar, euro, and yen alternatives.

I think it will be gold. They can't print it.

#30     Aug 12, 2007