The next big trading opportunity - Get in now

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by themickey, Sep 8, 2019.

1. themickey

themickey

2. gaussian

gaussian

Nah even if you're not a pinko commie there are plenty of benefits to avoiding eating meat a few days a week and more people (particularly the most influential generation right now - millennials) are choosing to eat plants over meat. There are substantial environmental costs (methane production, tons of water use, etc) that we will need to be more aware of as we approach the 15-20 billion people mark. I'm not big into the "invest your heart" kind of trading but this is one place I'd like to see more work in.

Personally, if I could buy this at around the cost of 90% lean beef I'd eat it 2-3 days a week no problem. BYND's offering is bean-based iirc making it also convenient for people worried about phyto- and xeno-estrogen intake. There's nothing to lose unless you attach your identity to eating cow parts every day of your life. I love myself a steak, but I'd probably love it more if it was a treat - you know?

VPhantom likes this.
  3. I'll just leave this here...

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...st-proposes-cannibalism-fight-climate-change/

GRULSTMRNN likes this.
  4. gaussian

gaussian

Is this supposed to run counter to what I said or something? Like me supporting alternative meats means I support soylent green? Are you an idiot? Hold that thought, you did just link breitbart. Next you'll tell me the people on Coast To Coast can actually read my mind through the radio!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    themickey likes this.
  5. carrer

carrer

Soy will reduce your testosterone and probably will make you more feminine.
    Less testosterone equals less physical power and brain mass, especially when you are growing.

Stick to natural food, not processed food. Vegan food are mostly heavily processed.
    Vegetables>Fish>White Meat>Red Meat>Processed Food

VPhantom and GRULSTMRNN like this.
  6. carrer

carrer

GRULSTMRNN likes this.
  7. Right, after all, the manufacturing process is well tested and documented to be absolutely safe right? There was nothing to lose in the early years of breast and hair implants? Or transplants? Or vaping? I happily let other idiots take the fall, will join ya when all the errors are ironed out in a few years.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  8. Obviously it was meant as joke. You know, it's quite easy to spot an environmental extremist nowadays. You clearly are one. So let me happily counter your point: this plant based meat thing is so fucking out of this world that you must be totally insane or having a death wish. Seriously dude, the entire Europe ex UK Japan, New Zealand are going non GMO and you are proposing to eat lab cultivated shit that nobody at all knows what is inside and how it was made? You are nuts dude.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  9. Big fat fucking thumb up. Tired of all those vegan, plant based here and there, and all other sorts of esoteric bullshit fads. Do Indians look healthy to to anyone, with stable genes and strong DNA? If not then perhaps we should not copy their stupid diets. Nor American diets. Perhaps we look at those cultures that live the healthiest and longest with a healthy metabolism, digestion, weight maintenance. That would the Japanese. Raw and steamed fish multiple times per week, meats every now and then, NON GMO unprocessed vegetables and grains/rice. Copy from the best not the worst and lowest.

#10     Sep 9, 2019